
Finally...a post. I know it has been a while, but there hasn't been too much to update and most of you know what is going on with me all the time anyway, but I finally thought of something to write!
I am heading towards Week 14 of this lovely pregnancy and as I read on my daily email from What to Expect my baby should be the size of a peach right now...basically the size of your balled up fist. (Okay, you can put your hand down now...don't worry, I did it too)! So, EJ is definitely growing because I can tell by the way larger than peach size pooch on my stomach!
The really weird thing is that my regular pants will button now where as they would not a few weeks ago. I am pushing them down below the bulge now, but all of them, for the most part, still will button with no problems. I guess I am changing shapes or the bulge is moving upward, or I just have less bloating...who knows. I do have some maternity pants though that I have started wearing and they are much more comfortable...so probably going to stick with those only here in a few weeks!
Back to the peach...my daily email also said that the baby is starting to grow hair (bring on the indigestion...because that has already started!) not only on the head, but all of the body. It is supposed to be growing a fine layer of little hairs for warmth called lanugo. The second I read this, I forwarded it on to Lee to let him know that our baby has a fur coat...great!
Other changes that are not so awesome (for me at least) is that all of a sudden, my stomach has started growing a fur coat. I have a lot of hair around my belly button now that is, like, black. Pre-natal vitamins...I need you to grow black hairs on my head to cover the vastly expanding gray...not on my belly. Thanks, pre-natal vitamins. You make me throw up in the morning and grow random dark hairs on my body! Neato!
Now for the picture. I have decided that I do not want to do skin belly shots of myself, because they make me want to throw up, so the picture at the top is my version of a belly shot deep within. Crazy how the monster looking baby in the enlarged part can fit inside your uterus and be that small with that many features. It just amazes me everyday!
For Christmas, Lee got me this book in my stocking called Skinny Bitch: Bun in the Oven by Rory Freedman and Kim Barnouin. Just reading the explanation on the back of the book will get you rolling in the floor, much less what's on the inside. The book is a spin-off of their first book called Skinny Bitch in which they try to help people eat healthier. Bun in the Oven goes over how to healthy but also discusses other parts of pregnancy in the funniest, most blunt, down to earth way possible. I was crying so hard one night from laughing at reading this book.
Now for the most part, it did not help me because it is basically trying to convert most people to be vegans by exposing the horrors of the food industry like slaughter houses and such. That part did not really appeal to me, but the other stuff was absolutely hilarious! Here are some excerpts that I just had to share:
From the back of the book:
"So you're knocked up, huh? Congratulations! This is one of the most magical and miraculous times in your life. But that doesn't mean you have a free pass to shovel crap in your mouth all day long! The Bitches are back to tell you what the hell to eat through all nine months and beyond..."
"They'll also give you the scoop on some of the side effects of pregnancy (like why you're farting like a caveman), the reasons you should "suck it up" and breastfeed, and the lowdown on a few things "post-push" (like how long you can avoid having sex with your husband). "
From the chapter on "Yes, It's Normal"...different side effects of pregnancy:
"Certainly, it's alarming to see blood in your undies when you're pregnant. And in some cases it could be a problem. But it's also very common. So do not panic and immediately go to your dark place of "Something's wrong. I'm having a miscarriage. It's because I was a slut in college." Try to remain calm (and optimistic) and call your doctor..."
"She'll also be able to allay your fears about that itching down south. No, your baby didn't give you crabs. (Although you should check with your gyno to make sure you didn't get an STD during your slutty college days). Yeast infections are common during pregnancy...Regardless of the cause, you'll likely be converted into a crotch-scratching lunatic. Embarrasing, but normal."
"Oh yeah, so is that sludge in your underwear. It's just a cocktail of normal bacterial flora and old cells shed from the walls of your VJ. It's the same snail trail that was in your pants before you got pregnant, there's just more of it now due to the increase in hormones and greater blood flow to your cookie."
Can you believe this stuff?
And my favorite...from the Chapter "Post-Push":
"Motherhood is going to kick your ass. And there's nothing wrong with that, because you're human, remember? So long as you're not disillusioned about it, you'll be fine. So when you're having a bad day, or even a few strung together, remember what we said: It is your job to feed, clothe, comfort, care for, and protect your baby. So in those moments when your freshly diapered, recently fed, just-bathed baby is crying for no $%#@ reason for the third night in a $%#@ row when all you want is one night of $%#@ sleep...and for that split-second you don't love your baby - forgive yourself. You're not a bad mom. You're human. And your baby is a total monster."
LOVE IT!
My next doctor's appointment is this Thursday at 4pm. I am meeting with a new doctor in the rotation, but I don't think anything exciting will happen this time. Just the regular stuff...blood pressure, urine check, any questions...ok, see you next month!
Congrats to Jessie and Won...found out they were having a girl! Can't wait to meet the newest Cho!
3 comments:
Absolutely hilarious!! I love it!!
Yes, it was about time! Us losers over here in NC DON'T know everything! It made me laugh! I enjoyed the entire thing and can't wait for the next one. I had thought of getting that book (the 1st one); now I just might have to! Thanks for a great laugh! Miss you!
I love it - I'll have to borrow that book when I get pregnant again! Keep up the posts and update us on the Dr. appt on Thursday!
Post a Comment