Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Let's Go Swimming!

My parents put up a small above ground pool in their backyard for all of us to play around in, and on Saturday, I took Ella for her first dip! At first she was a little leery of getting in the water with me, but once I put her in a little floatie thing, she loved it!! She even kicked her feet ferociously enough to create ripples in the pool! I was so proud!




Before I had gotten her in the floatie, I just walked her around in the pool with her clinging to my side. She would whine and cry a little, but would stop when she saw the ball that was floating in the water. So, it would go something like this, "Whine, Whine, Whimper...Ball! Whine, Whine, Whimper...Ball"! At least I know what makes her happy!


On Monday, Lee and I took her back to the pool and again she wanted immediately in her floatie. Of course, while I start to turn red in the sun, Lee and Ella just get a nice golden look. Is it bad that I am jealous of my daughter because she will forever on have a nicer tan than me? Dang those Williams' genes!

1 comment:

Kristen Jeffers said...

How fun. No one in my family of three has any pale genes, but I suppose it does help us look like we're related...