Virginia had her 2 week check up last week and everything looked great. Her weight was up to past her birth weight at 8 pounds, 2 ounces and the doctor was pleased! She did so great at her appointment while the doctor checked her over thoroughly. After all of the checks of her reflexes and how her head moves, the doc said that she was very tolerant, because she didn't cry at all during all of that. Again, I believe typical second child and polar opposite of big sis! I'm sure Virginia's time is coming though...I'm not that naive!
V's length at this appointment was 20 inches, which it was 18 inches just 2 weeks before. I'm guessing that maybe they just didn't get her stretched out enough right after birth and didn't get her correct length, because how could she have grown 2 inches in 2 weeks??
Baby girl is still in newborn diapers and newborn clothes. I have a TON of 0-3 month sleepers and clothes for her to wear, but so far, those are swallowing her whole. Thank goodness for Nannie (Mom)...she went out and found a few more newborn items for V to wear. And now in week 3, we are still in them. Hopefully we will be able to utilize those winter 0-3 month clothes soon before winter runs out...I'm sure that won't be a problem!
Virginia is sleeping rather well during the day and wakes up every 3 hours at night to eat. Sometimes she will go 4 hours and once went 5 hours, but that may have been a fluke! We seem to have a little bit of a routine down at night as to how to get her back to sleep. I think I have gotten it down to under 30 minutes on being awake at night during her feedings. (Of course, all of that will change tonight, since I bragged on it...ha)!
Ella still really likes her baby sister and brings her up when she wakes up in the mornings, when she is picked up from daycare, and when she goes to bed. She always makes sure that she tells V goodnight when it is time for her to go to bed and if V cries, Ella looks at us like, take care of her, please. Although Ella doesn't understand how to be gentle and soft to her, she still means well, even if we do have to tell her back away from the baby. Here are two fuzzy shots from Lee's cell phone of Ella giving Virginia some lovin'...
To close, here are a few cell phone shots that I was able to catch after a feeding of some super cute smiles...these little gassy smiles just make my day. It definitely makes waking up in the middle of the night way worth it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



2 comments:
She's gorgeous, Jessica! So good life with two is going smoothly for you and your sweet family. I love keeping up with you!
What a sweet baby girl and big sister! Virginia is so precious. I need to see her (and all of you) again soon! :)
Post a Comment