Wednesday, June 15, 2011

V turns 4 Months Old!

**Disclaimer: Most of these pictures were all taken on the same day. That is why Virginia is in the same clothes in most all of them. Yes. I have become that mother that doesn't take as many pictures of her second child as she did her first. As a second child who understands the importance of this, I should be ashamed of myself.**

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Virginia Lee is 4 months old!! It feels like she has been a part of our family for so long now because she just fit in so well. I can't believe it has only been 4 short months!


As expected, I was blown away by her measurements at her check-up:

Weight: 16 pounds (up ~2.5 pounds in a month)
Length:  24 1/2 inches

Her weight comes mostly from her chunky thighs and those big, sweet, kissable cheeks! Sometimes I wonder if people are looking at me funny because I kiss her cheeks so often, but I just can't help it!

Getting ready to roll at Sue-Sue's house!

She didn't do so well at her check-up, though because she has her first ear infection. I was hoping we would be able to make it through the summer without getting sick, but that was shot down. She wasn't able to get her shots due to the sickness and really lost it when the doc had to scrape the wax out of her ear just to be able to look in it. She doesn't normally cry just a whole lot, but she really let us know that she was not happy at that moment. It broke my heart. Now she is on her first round of antibiotics...yay...fun stuff!


I am so VERY PROUD to say that she is definitely sleeping through the night now. (knock on wood...always follow that up with 'knock on wood')! She usually gets her last bottle (which she can hold herself now) around 7:30 or so and goes straight to sleep and doesn't wake up until about 6:30. Lee and I have really been dragging around here lately and just cannot get caught up on sleep (the story of every parent's life, right?)! So hopefully since she is sleeping, maybe we can start staying awake on the way to work now!


Virginia is now in size 2 diapers and can wear 3/6 month clothes if she has to, but can actually wear 6 months clothes just fine. There isn't too much of a problem with her filling those out! The most awesome thing is that I haven't had to buy Virginia a single piece of clothing yet (minus Easter dress, swimsuit, some monogrammed things) because between Ella and Savannah  (and my mom continously buying things, thanks Mom), we have all sizes and seasons covered. It is great!


Virginia is still just as laid back and smiley as she has been (I wonder how long I can continue saying this?). Even while she has been sick and I have been shoving the snot sucker up her nose to clear her out, she just lays there and smiles at me. I hope this trend continues!

My little Roly Poly has mastered rolling all the way over now and is never in the same spot as I where I lie her down now. Uh-oh...let the fun begin with 2 moving children!


V still thinks Ella is pretty amazing and will come off of her bottle just to turn and look at what Ella is doing. Ella is starting to get a bit more jealous these days and if "baby" has something, she has to have it too. For instance, we are giving V some teething rings that link together now to hold and put in her mouth, etc. Ella wants them too, so we split them up and while V continues to put them in her mouth, E wears them as bracelets. At least Ella doesn't try to put them in her mouth like a baby. Yay for small victories!



Ella can be very helpful with "Baby" lately by pointing out to me that V has spit up ("Oh no, baby, shoo...tissue, tissue"), making note that V has sneezed ("Ah-choo, baby"), or if V has fallen asleep ("Shhhhhhhh baby") and then proceeds to pat her on the chest and say, "Baby, okay?", which then wakes V back up again! I do have to say that Ella can be very motherly and nurturing when she wants to be, but if you are on Ella's designated blanket in the floor or even look at her sippy cup like you might want it, watch out. The wrath of Ella will emerge! Good luck Virginia! Who am I kidding...good luck us!

This pic was taken after I took V's 4 month shot. Ella was very upset that I wasn't taking her "picher", so I put her in the chair too. After that she got really tickled! That is the only word I could think of to describe the look on her face in the 2nd picture!




Happy 4 Months, my little Sweetheart!!


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Virginia is so sweet!!! And YAY for protective big sister, Ella. She will always be that way!