Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Rice Krispies are Sweeter...coming back up!

I woke up this morning feeling good...tired, but good. I fixed my usual bowl of cereal (Rice Krispies this morning) and headed to the couch to watch TV. I ate the whole bowl, went to the kitchen to get a bottle of water, and pulled out my pre-natal vitamins to take. For some reason, I knew it wasn't going to go down this morning, but I shoved it in my mouth anyway and sure enough, I started gagging. I don't know why, but it just would not go down. I got the pill out of my mouth and immediately started coughing. I thought I would be okay, but then it just hit me like a train...I was going to throw up. I knew I wouldn't make it to the bathroom, so I pulled the trash can out and started heaving. The bad thing is our trash can was so full, that I had to take things off the top so that I could throw up in it. How pitiful? So, pretty much all of my cereal came back up and I decided it was much sweeter the 2nd time around.

Orange juice is the same way. All of the other times I have thrown up, it has been right after I have drank a lot of O.J. Yet, I crave orange juice and want it all the time. I just can't get enough of it. I told Lee we need to find a way to buy it in 5 gallon buckets, because the one gallon at a time isn't cutting it!

I don't feel like my throwing up every other day is because of morning sickness. I was blaming it on my sinus infection I had last week and all of the drainage that I have in my throat, but now I'm starting to wonder. I don't feel too nauseated before it happens...it just happens...very quickly. I am on antibiotics for 10 days to clear up the infection which is twice the amount of time that they usually hand out the meds. The doctor told me that since I was fighting for the immune systems of two, she wanted me on it longer.

Speaking of going to the doctor, I have to make mention of this new doctor's office I went to last week. It is a new walk-in minor medical clinic that just opened to all people with all insurance, except Tenncare. First of all, you walk in and it is so nice, not at all like a clinic. The furniture and the decor is so homey...they have a kids' room, a reading room, a freaking theater, and complimentary beverages while you wait. You have a choice of water, cappucino, hot cocoa, coffee...all free. The reading room has over 250 magazines to choose from that are all current, like from this month! The theater was playing "The Santa Clause 2" the day I was there...and best of all, they hand out little buzzers to alert you when the nurse is ready to see you, just like at restaurants. That way, your name isn't called out in front of everyone, and if you happen to be in the theater watching a movie, no one else is disturbed. Once I was in a patient room and was waiting on the dr to come in, they handed me a remote and told me I could watch TV if I wanted to. It was awesome!

Not too much more to update...I broke down and went shopping last night for maternity clothes. I went first to Old Navy because I thought they always had really cute maternity clothes, but they were bare. All I could find were some cotton long sleeve shirts that are good for going under things...so I got three of them. I went to Ross for Less, which was next door and found some maternity black pants for $9.00. They fit for now, but probably will not for the whole pregnancy. Oh well, at least they were not too expensive. I can't believe how much my belly is poking out right now. I did order a Bella Band which is the greatest invention ever! It is the band that goes over your unbuttoned, unzipped pre-pregnancy pants that holds them up. It is pretty comfortable too. If it shows under your shirt, it just looks like a tank top underneath. I had to wear it yesterday with my black pants (that fit last week, but for some reason would not button yesterday morning). It worked great...and by the end of the day, I took it off because my pants would button then. I guess my stomach just flucuates throughout the day!

My first ultrasound is on Thursday at 3:00 and I absolutely cannot wait. Lee keeps saying that we are going to find out how many are in there...haha! He thinks I have a litter! We will see and I will update this immediately!

1 comment:

Aunt Becca said...

Finally!! I'm so happy to see a post. I've been waiting and waiting. Jessica, you are so funny. I just laughed like a fool here at work.