Monday, November 24, 2008

Bigger Pants, Bathroom Problems, and More Eating...Oh My!

It is official...hormones are flying and things are getting out of control.

My big reality hit last week when I went to put on the only clean pair of pants that I had and they didn't button. Well, they did, but it was not pleasant. I put on a tank top and a button down shirt to cover it and left them unbuttoned all day. I couldn't believe that I am only 7 weeks along and my pants are not fitting anymore. What the heck? I think these just happened to be tighter pants than I usually wear anyway (because all of my other pants still fit), but still. My stomach is so swollen and I am actually SHOWING! My baby is the size of a blueberry and I am showing. Lee keeps reminding me that I am pregnant and that this is okay, but I still can't believe it!

I think the swolleness and bloating is a sympton of my second problem...going to the bathroom, or rather, the lack thereof. I will spare the details, but when they say that your pre-natal vitamin may cause constipation, they are not kidding! I called the nurse and they told me some OTC medicine to take...I took it and it worked...a little too well. Anyway, this part of pregnancy is NOT fun!

Now, on to my third problem...more eating, which could also be a reason for my first problem above, but I don't think so. I have not been getting sick, but I have been feeling queasy around food. It has to be the right time and the right smell for me to want to eat something and when I am ready to eat or want something, I have to have it right then, or I won't feel good. So, I have stocked up at work with little bags of cheetos, saltine crackers, peanut butter and crackers, apples, grapes...you name it. Last week on one of the coldest days of the week, I needed a chocolate milkshake from Burger King (which is walking distance from work...not good). So I asked Barbara at work if she wanted one and I got her talked into it! See, my goal is to make someone around me eat along with me everytime I want to eat so I am not the only one getting fat! So, I got my milkshake and fries (because you have to have fries with a milkshake) and Barbara had her milkshake and John ate most of my fries...so my plan is working (muah ha ha ha ha)! So, anyway, whenever I don't feel just right, I just eat a little something to settle my stomach and everything seems to be okay!

I feel most comforted by microwavable sausage and biscuits, orange juice, peanut butter and crackers, and lays potato chips. One night I really wanted some chips and then I really wanted some peanut butter, so I decided to dip the chips in the peanut butter, to which Lee was really grossed out, but its what I wanted and it tasted good, to me at least! I was over at Mom's house one night and really wanted some peanut butter oatmeal cookies (the no bake kind, like Destin makes for tailgate, except without the chocolate). Mom said, why don't I make some for Sunday lunch the next day, and I said okay. But about an hour later, I was like, can we just make them now? And because she is the best mom ever...she did! And they were so good!

The biggest problem that I am having really is the tiredness. After I get home from work, I lay on the couch (with Maggie right on top of me - which is new - she usually hates me, but I think she is sensing something different about me these days) until it is time to go to bed at 10:00. Lee is still working tirelessly on the house trying to get things done before the Christmas party, and I just lay there. I told him the other day that I really did appreciate him and that I was sorry for being so worthless (and then I started to cry...who knows why)?

We are having a thanksgiving at our house for Lee's family and our house is a mess. So, Mom and Becca came over Saturday and cleaned everything...I never would have made it without them!

Funny sidenote...Lee has decided that he is having some symptoms too! He says that he is really tired at night and hasn't had much of an appetite lately and is really starting to get some headaches. Emily suggested that I just coddle him - I am creating life - but I need to make sure that I coddle him and make sure he is okay! haha!

So, all in all things are going well, if I could just find clothes that fit!



No comments: