Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Revealments!

We are so excited that we are actually getting to tell people now! I'm sure everyone in the tri-state area heard my mom and sister scream on Sunday when we told them we were pregnant. It was a great time and I would love to relive that over and over. Here is who we have told and how so far:

Lee's Parents: We invited them over for dinner last Saturday night and during dinner, we were talking about painting something. Lee says, "Speaking of painting, we have a question for you. What color do you suggest for our nursery?" Bonnie immediately hits Robert and says, "I told you so!". She figured we had a big announcement because we invited them to dinner out of the blue. They were very excited and happy for us. Bonnie made the comment that this would make their sixth grandchild...big Thanksgiving and Christmases, here we come!

My Parents and Becca, Eric, & Colby: We told them on Sunday and like I mentioned before...very excited and loud!! Becca and Mom have been asking what we want for Christmas, so I put together a list to give them. Here's what the list had on it:



Jessica & Lee's Christmas List

* new paint for the nursery
* maternity clothes
* crib
* diapers
* therapist for Maggie
* car seat

So, I had all those things on the list. During the middle of dinner, I brought out the lists and handed them out saying, "oh, I finally made a Christmas list" and passed them out to everyone. Mom is the first one to finish and she looks at me and is like, "really, really?" After I said, yes, she just screamed, Becca screamed and then Dad yelled...and there were hugs all around! It was great! Maggie didn't really care except that maybe some food might fall off the table during all the commotion.

I figured that Mom would say she already knew...but she didn't. She did almost ask me last weekend when we were shopping if I was, but decided not to! Dad said that during church that morning, he was watching a pretty little girl in children's church and said to himself, "I hope Jessica has a little girl like that that we can dress up real pretty." He said he thought about it for over 30 minutes and then we revealed to him that day! Becca said she was just waiting for the announcement...didn't know when, but knew it was coming soon! Becca told Colby that Aunt Jessa had a baby in her belly, and all he said was, "I knew that." He agreed to play with the baby but no way was he letting the baby ride the lawnmower with Granddad! That's his thing, only!

Work: I had to tell Amy at work because I knew she would figure it out before I had a chance to tell her, being as how we are together all day every day and we know each other's cycle's like it is our own (I know that's weird, but true...how can you not help it when you are with someone so much like that)? Anyway, she was in my office talking about this and that and how she didn't feel good one morning. And I said, speaking of not feeling good, I had to go to the doctor yesterday and have some labs done and they gave me the paperwork, but I don't quite understand it, can you help me? So, I handed her the results of my urine pregnancy test that the doctor gave me and she read it and then began looking up at me, then back at the paper, then up at me and back at the paper and so on. She was like, WHAT? YOU ARE REALLY PREGNANT? It was great. She was jumping up and down and was ready to go shopping right then!

I told John at work on Monday during lunch, because I figured he would realize something was wrong with me and want to know what it was, plus he will help determine my time off and who needs to cover for me, etc. I figured he needed to know before I had to start taking off for doctor's visits and such. He was very excited and said he couldn't wait to see me as a mom!

I figure the girls at work have figured it out or know already but I am waiting to tell them at a work lunch this Friday, then everybody here will know and I won't have to hide it. I can't imagine waiting 3 months to tell people...its just too hard to keep under wraps!

Memphis Crew: I am dying, absolutely dying to call Emily, Lindsey, and Destin and let them know the news, but I want to do it in person and the first chance I will get will be next Saturday at our Tigers tailgate. I hope they will know how much it is killing me that they don't know what it going on with all this! I can't wait to tell them!!!

Becca is going crazy to tell Jennifer and Jessie at her work (which she is going to do today - she is having me send them an invitation to this blog and let them read if for themselves - yay!). She said that her excitement was just as much as if it were her own. On Monday, she couldn't hold it any longer and told Mr. Keeton, one of the guards at the federal building who knows me. She swore him to secrecy, but had to let it out to someone. I just laughed, because out of all the few people that know, Mr. Keeton is one of them...so funny!

After November 22nd, when we tell our Memphis friends the big news, I guess it will be pretty much out. We are telling our extended family at Thanksgiving, so definitely after that, we will have spread the news! I love sharing good news!!

1 comment:

Jessie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.