Monday, November 24, 2008

More Revealments!

I finally got to tell my girls in Memphis the big news...although they pretty much had it figured out anyway! I called Emily last Wednesday night to tell her the news and I just kept asking about the girls and work and this and that, and she would answer, but kept saying, "so, how is everything with you?" I just kept playing it off and talking about the house, but finally got to the point, which I knew that's what she was waiting for, finally! I told her that I would like to have everyone over to our house probably around the July 4th holiday....so everyone could see our new baby. You can't imagine the screams and unimaginable words and ramblings that came out of Emily's mouth...something along the lines of, "oh my god, I can't believe it, you're finally pregnant, I'm so excited, etc, etc." Of course you have to imagine it in a high pitch voice that only a dog can hear! It was great!!!!!

So, after that we started scheming on how to let the other girls in on it, so Emily got us all together last Friday for dinner and drinks at Chili's just to "hang out, because she had had a crappy week at work". I couldn't hold it in for too long, so before we even ordered I had to spill the beans to Destin and Lindsey! I was getting nervous about telling them so I knew I couldn't hold it in much longer, plus, I had ordered a Miller Lite for myself (really for Emily) and I knew she was probably ready to have a drink...also I couldn't look at her because she had a grin on her face the whole time! I told them the same thing, that I wanted them all to come over for the July 4th holiday to see the new baby...they were excited although not surprised at all!

Becca was there with me, because I didn't feel up to driving to Memphis after work and back, because I get so tired at night. Thank goodness she was able to go!

The next morning Sue-Sue wanted all of us to have a family breakfast at Old Country Store so that Lee and I could spread the news to Uncle Randy and Aunt Bonnie and all of my cousins. I was not feeling well that morning and the smells from the humongous breakfast buffet were not helping at all. When everyone else went to fill their plate, I just stayed at the table with Uncle Randy and Anna Grace. He asked if I was feeling okay and I just had to tell him that I wasn't that hungry. After everyone settled down with their food, Mom started hitting her drink glass with her knife to signal an announcement and said, "I can't hold it any longer". I looked at everyone and said, "Colby has an announcement to make, don't you?" When I looked at Colby, he nodded his head yes and I said, well, what is it? He didn't know, so I had to prod him along. I said, "Tell everyone what is in my belly." And he responded perfectly, just like when we told Granny, "A baby"! So, they were all excited and Randy said he knew something wasn't right when I wasn't hungry at a breakfast buffet! That will give it away everytime!

That morning, I went ahead and posted my status on facebook as "Jessica can't hold it in any longer...I am expecting and due July 9th!". I had many responses back that just made my day.

I finally told the other girls at work last week too. We have been slow at work for a little while and we have all gotten on a kick of doing online jigsaw puzzles on www.jigzone.com. We have races to see who can finish in the fasted time. One afternoon, we were all working on one, and they have an option to upload your own picture and make a puzzle out of it. So, I uploaded a picture of a positive pregnancy test and made it in to a puzzle and sent it to all of them. It took a minute for them to figure it out, but they finally got it and were screaming for me!

So, the word is out to almost everyone! We are still waiting to tell Lee's brothers and sisters and especially his grandmother at Thanksgiving. (Although Mom already took care of Kevin and Amanda...haha...its okay, Mom...promise!) We haven't mentioned it at church yet, but its only a matter of time before someone will notice!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I was so excited to find out about little EJ! You and Lee will be such great parents! :)

Lindsey said...

Congratulations again! I'm so excited for you and Lee. You are going to make great parents!