Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Signs of Pregnancy




What to Expect When You Are Expecting has become my bible. I bought it over 2 months ago and have read way past into the 2nd month, but now that I am actually pregnant, it seems all new to me. I actually have a reason to be reading it now and taking it seriously. I'm afraid though that after I read something, I am going to think I am living it. Take for instance, all of the early signs of pregnancy...tender breasts (check), missed period (check), excess saliva (check - maybe), excezma (check - maybe), hyper sensitive to smells (definite check)! I can't decide if I am making it up in my head that I have all those things or just now noticing it now after I have read it. I think it the latter of the two.

Mom and I went shopping on Saturday, the 2nd day of knowing, and I couldn't help but notice every smell that there was everywhere. And for some reason I felt the need to make mention of every single smell. Also, on Sunday, going to Christmas open houses with Sue-Sue, Mom, and Becca, every smell either turned me off or was really good, but they were all strong either way, so I didn't like any of them.

Another sympton is bloating...my stomach is huge now and it is making me very mad! Hopefully this is not an indication of how big I am going to get. Hopefully this is just first trimester bloating and it will go down soon. I don't feel much like eating, mainly because my stomach feels so full already...I don't think I can fit anything else in there.

Also, there is a constant pressure on my stomach like I am very aware that it is there...very weird feeling! Some mild cramping and back aches accompany this, but they come and go.

So, enough of the way I feel...I want to get down the cute things so far...
* Lee and I have a thing where we raspberry each other when we don't like something. I raspberry'd him the other day and said that EJ had raspberry'd him too just for the heck of it...then we both came to realize that EJ doesn't have a tongue yet.


* Lee decided to say hey to EJ one night while rubbing on my belly and we both came to realize that EJ doesn't have ears yet. So, Lee decided to use one finger and poke on my belly...he said it was morse code!


* And of course, if you know us at all, you know that Maggie has a very distinct voice and is very opinionated...well that trait has continued on to EJ. That's right, the voice is coming in for the baby too! We have got to stop!!

Our first doctor appointment is tomorrow on November 5th at 1:40 pm! I am so excited but so worried that I am going to go in there and find out it is something else...not a baby. I don't know exactly what it could be, but still the worry is still there. I am super excited about this because maybe now we can start telling someone. I need to talk to my mom about this and it is killing me. Also, I am avoiding her now, because I am afraid she will figure it out and I want to be able to tell her and everyone else. Maybe this coming Sunday! I can't wait!!!

Just for reference...the picture at the top is what size EJ is right now...an orange seed. Some things I read say I am at 4 weeks...others say 5 weeks. So either way, EJ is between the size of a poppy seed and an orange seed. It is already a tadpole or on its way to becoming one and that just makes me want to throw up, thinking about something swimming inside me. Regardless, I am happy about it!

No comments: