Thursday, February 12, 2009

It's an Ella!






































As you all know, IT'S A GIRL!! We couldn't be more excited! And as you can tell, I am so proud of my little girl (hence all the pictures posted). The sonographer that we had at our ultrasound was just perfect. After measuring a few of the organs, she then started trying to get a good picture of the boy or girl parts. She was going to let us try to figure out what it was because she could already tell. Once I saw the three lines that you are supposed to look for, I said (50% confident, 50% questioning), "It's a girl, isn't it?". She said, "Yeah"!

I was instantly filled with amazement, joy, excitement and an overwhelming since of "oh my gosh, this is real"! I reached over and grabbed Lee's hand and he was grinning as big as he could get and I just had tears rolling down my cheeks. It is like my life began at that moment. We are having a little girl. Our first child will be a girl. I still just can't get over it! I love the feeling!

So, back to the appointment. Once we found out that "it" was a "she", Laurie, the sonographer starting moving around and finding really good shots of the baby, like her long toes, her hand, her long legs, etc. After about 10 minutes of oohing and aahing over every little thing, she exclaimed, "I guess I better get back to work"! So, it was back to finding organs and measuring them. We saw the heart beating (four chambers), the brain (both sides), the kidney), the bladder...all kinds of good stuff! It didn't matter what it was, I was so happy to see it!


Little Ms. Ella weighs approximately 8 ounces, which makes me think that she has been enjoying the Bacon Egg Cheese Biscuits from Mickey Dees as much as I have been! They couldn't tell what her length is at this time, but did you see her feet? Huge! Lee is getting such a kick over how big her feet and toes are...he constantly makes fun of my feet. Laurie said that she could probably pinch someone with those toes. I meekly said, "Well, I can".


All in all, Ella looked as perfect as she could look, as far as they could tell, so I am deeply grateful!


As far as me, I had gained 4 pounds since my last appointment which was right on track. (I've been reading that you are supposed to gain 1 pound a week from here on out, so 20 more to go...geez). The gallbladder ultrasound showed no signs of gallstones (thank God) so basically the back pain that I am having is just a muscle or nerve and just something that I have to deal with for now. My doctor told me that if I wanted to, I could see a physical therapist or an anesthesiologist (sp?) to get a local pain numb-er on that spot, but I told her that wasn't necessary! I will just deal for a while! As long as I am not standing up for over 10 minutes, I am fine, but after that, the pain gets worse with each minute. Oh well...all for little Ella, right?


I would like to post my pictures within my blog, not just at the top, but it will not let me. If anyone has experience with blogspot.com, please let me know how to fix this! I hope everyone has a wonderful day!










1 comment:

Heather said...

It's so wonderful to live vicariously through you guys! I love the name! It just flows well! It was so good to see you last weekend. THANK YOU SO MUCH for coming out to visit with us! It really meant a lot to us that you made the effort to come out so late! We know who our real friends are! Love you bunches! Keep in touch!