Well, as you can see, Ella (and me, in conjunction) is definitely growing. This picture was at 18 weeks.
This is at 21 weeks (this week). 
According to my daily emails, the little nudger should weigh a whole pound now. I think I have gained the customary 3-4 pounds this month like I’m supposed to, but I’m sure the ice cream that I have been wanting so much lately doesn’t have anything to do with the fact that I am getting bigger! Ha! And neither does the whole bottle of sparkling grape juice that I drank last week at our first meeting of the “The Grape Nuts” Wine Club.
(Side note: So, I joined a wine club with some friends and we are meeting every other month to try out new wines and learn about where they came from and what foods to pair them with and generally get a good overview of what wines you really prefer. This past Friday was our first meeting and it was a doozy! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and their wine, whether they were wine drinkers or not. It was great fun. But in order to feel like I was a part of it, I constantly filled my wine class up with the sparkling red grape juice that our hostess Jennifer’s husband Lucas bought for me. By the end of the night, I had drunk the whole bottle. It was very tasty. Only after that did I realize that I had just consumed about 500 calories and over 100 g of sugar. Sweet Jesus…what was I thinking?)
So after all of that and Ella getting a growth spurt, I am definitely showing good now and rounding out a lot. It just happened over night, it seems, that my belly was round and pregnant looking, which is fine by me. Now I don’t look like I have just put on some extra pounds for no reason.
Along with the growing, Ella is definitely moving A LOT! She sometimes surprises me during the day, but most of the time, I feel her when I am lying down at night or when I wake up in the morning. Most every time that I lay down flat on my back and wait real still, I can feel her getting geared up. Now I know that you are not supposed to be lying flat on your back at this point because you have the chance of cutting off the blood supply to the placenta, but that’s when I feel her (wonder why…she is probably fighting for her life) and sometimes that is how I am most comfortable. I don’t stay that way for long, so don’t worry, I am not committing child abuse, just yet. (hopefully never).
Lee is definitely feeling Ella move now where it is not just a question, it is for sure. She can be moving so much and I will call Lee over and put his hand on my belly and then she will hit up at his hand one time real strong and then quit. He said it’s like she is giving him a high five and saying, “What’s up, Daddy?” Mom felt her move for the first time Sunday, but they are the only ones. That’s probably due to the fact that you practically have to put your hands down my pants to feel the spot where she is kicking, and most people aren’t jumping at the chance to do that. But soon enough, she will be on top in an appropriate place ready to high five the world.
We are hoping to decide on a middle name tonight! We are tired of having it up in the air, so we decided to sit down and discuss it tonight and have a name picked out by 10pm. I know, I know…we are freaks and totally weird, but that’s how our minds work. We make a goal and (try to) stick to it. It makes for easier decisions later for all!
I’ll let you know what we decide…I’m sure you are all on the edge of your seats. Ha! And yay for me finally figuring out how to move my pictures into my paragraphs. I think I'll go home and celebrate with a class of potent Sparkling Grape Juice...whoo-hoo! Have a great week!
(Side note: So, I joined a wine club with some friends and we are meeting every other month to try out new wines and learn about where they came from and what foods to pair them with and generally get a good overview of what wines you really prefer. This past Friday was our first meeting and it was a doozy! Everyone thoroughly enjoyed themselves and their wine, whether they were wine drinkers or not. It was great fun. But in order to feel like I was a part of it, I constantly filled my wine class up with the sparkling red grape juice that our hostess Jennifer’s husband Lucas bought for me. By the end of the night, I had drunk the whole bottle. It was very tasty. Only after that did I realize that I had just consumed about 500 calories and over 100 g of sugar. Sweet Jesus…what was I thinking?)
So after all of that and Ella getting a growth spurt, I am definitely showing good now and rounding out a lot. It just happened over night, it seems, that my belly was round and pregnant looking, which is fine by me. Now I don’t look like I have just put on some extra pounds for no reason.
Along with the growing, Ella is definitely moving A LOT! She sometimes surprises me during the day, but most of the time, I feel her when I am lying down at night or when I wake up in the morning. Most every time that I lay down flat on my back and wait real still, I can feel her getting geared up. Now I know that you are not supposed to be lying flat on your back at this point because you have the chance of cutting off the blood supply to the placenta, but that’s when I feel her (wonder why…she is probably fighting for her life) and sometimes that is how I am most comfortable. I don’t stay that way for long, so don’t worry, I am not committing child abuse, just yet. (hopefully never).
Lee is definitely feeling Ella move now where it is not just a question, it is for sure. She can be moving so much and I will call Lee over and put his hand on my belly and then she will hit up at his hand one time real strong and then quit. He said it’s like she is giving him a high five and saying, “What’s up, Daddy?” Mom felt her move for the first time Sunday, but they are the only ones. That’s probably due to the fact that you practically have to put your hands down my pants to feel the spot where she is kicking, and most people aren’t jumping at the chance to do that. But soon enough, she will be on top in an appropriate place ready to high five the world.
We are hoping to decide on a middle name tonight! We are tired of having it up in the air, so we decided to sit down and discuss it tonight and have a name picked out by 10pm. I know, I know…we are freaks and totally weird, but that’s how our minds work. We make a goal and (try to) stick to it. It makes for easier decisions later for all!
I’ll let you know what we decide…I’m sure you are all on the edge of your seats. Ha! And yay for me finally figuring out how to move my pictures into my paragraphs. I think I'll go home and celebrate with a class of potent Sparkling Grape Juice...whoo-hoo! Have a great week!
No comments:
Post a Comment