I thought it was quite appropriate that my baby book this week mentioned that my uterus should be the size of a basketball. So, I’ve got a little of March Madness going on inside of me. Here are the stats for Week 23 and 3 days…

Your baby weighs about as much as a large mango -- just over a pound. (Length: more than 11 inches.) If you're suddenly sporting a dark line down the middle of your tummy, say hello to the linea nigra. That line has actually always been there, but you probably never noticed it until pregnancy hormones caused hyperpigmentation (the same phenomenon that may have darkened your areolas and the area around your forehead and cheeks). Other (less than delightful) skin changes on your body may include red palms and soles, bluish blotchy legs, heat rash, and skin tags. In happier news, you're now in your sixth month and your baby is about to chub up a bit. His saggy skin will start to fit his frame as fat deposits fill things out. Beginning this week, she'll start to pack on the pounds (which means you will, too!) and by month's end she'll be double the weight she is now (though you won't be — whew!). Right now, your baby's organs and bones are visible through her skin, which has a red hue due to developing veins and arteries beneath. But once those fat deposits settle in, she'll become less transparent, too.
(Taken from www.whattoexpect.com)
Okay, so no line down the middle of my tummy yet or major skin changes (thank God for no skin tags…what is that anyway), so all in all, I feel pretty good about how things are going. What I am a little nervous about is that my weight is about to suddenly increase. I am really starting to notice my tummy now and the weight of it when I get up or down or walk around. Before, I could get up and go and sort of forget that I was pregnant…now, not so much!
Especially now when Ella is constantly moving. Not only am I getting harder kicks, but now I can feel a steady movement. For example, instead of a just a punch on my stomach, it feels like she is taking her hand and pushing up against me but them moving down and around…a constant movement. So weird! Of course, every time Lee puts his hand on my stomach, she quits, but every once in a while, she’ll float to the top to say hi to him…it just has to be the right time for her.
Spring officially begins this week and I am so excited about the higher temperatures and sunshine that should be coming out! It makes me feel so much better and might even entice me to go walking after I get home after work…maybe…hopefully…okay, probably not, but who knows? Have a great week everyone! Happy Spring and March Madness!
Okay, so no line down the middle of my tummy yet or major skin changes (thank God for no skin tags…what is that anyway), so all in all, I feel pretty good about how things are going. What I am a little nervous about is that my weight is about to suddenly increase. I am really starting to notice my tummy now and the weight of it when I get up or down or walk around. Before, I could get up and go and sort of forget that I was pregnant…now, not so much!
Especially now when Ella is constantly moving. Not only am I getting harder kicks, but now I can feel a steady movement. For example, instead of a just a punch on my stomach, it feels like she is taking her hand and pushing up against me but them moving down and around…a constant movement. So weird! Of course, every time Lee puts his hand on my stomach, she quits, but every once in a while, she’ll float to the top to say hi to him…it just has to be the right time for her.
Spring officially begins this week and I am so excited about the higher temperatures and sunshine that should be coming out! It makes me feel so much better and might even entice me to go walking after I get home after work…maybe…hopefully…okay, probably not, but who knows? Have a great week everyone! Happy Spring and March Madness!
2 comments:
Oh, I wish I was there to walk with you like last summer! Glad you are doing so well. I think of you often! Take care!
I don't understand how your uterus is the size of a basketball and Ella weighs as much as a mango. A basketball is WAY bigger than a mango! I guess the extra room is for her to grow comfortably, but it seems unnecessary! :)
Post a Comment