Friday, March 6, 2009

22 Week Check-Up

Here is a quick update on my doctor's appointment this morning. Everything went very well and very quick. I had only gained 2.5 pounds this month (Whoo-hoo)!!!!! My blood pressure was good at 104/80 and Ella's heartbeat was at 161 bpm.

Dr. Wilson came in and couldn't believe that I had only gained 2 pounds. He said he gains more than that on average (just joking) and he said that he thought I looked great. He loved the name we had picked out and apparently we are spelling "Katherine" the same way he does for his daughter.

He had me lay down on the bed so he could feel my abdomen. He said that he doesn't measure anymore the height of the fundus (I believe it is called...the height of how far your belly has come out, basically) because he thinks since every woman is different, there isn't really a good measurement for what it should be. So, he just feels of the baby through your stomach to tell if it is okay. He told me that Ella was sitting about 2 fingers above my belly button and felt just the right size!

He is a wonderful doctor and I am so comfortable with him. I will be keeping my fingers crossed that he will be on call the day I have to go in for delivery. He just seems to make everything better!

Other than that, I go back in four weeks for another quick check-up!

2 comments:

Heather said...

I always know how hard I'm gonna laugh when I read your blogs, so I make it point not to drink anything while I do!!! You crack me up and I love hearing and seeing what's REALLY going on with you guys. I wish I could have been there for your party! I think of you everyday!

Emily Fuller said...

Yea for a good, quick check-up! I didn't get much baby talk at the other end of the table at dinner so I'm glad to hear it went well!