Thursday, March 5, 2009

Revealment Party


Even though this happened almost a month ago, I still wanted to get the evidence on my blog so I would have it on here. This is acting like my personal diary of sorts and I want to be able to go back and look at this later.

So, after Lee and I found out what we were having on the morning of February 6th, we (or I should really say Lee) got into full swing preparing for our “Revealment Party” that night. We invited family and a few close friends to be there when we revealed what gender our baby would be. We had pizza and other snacks for everyone to munch on, but the most important item on the table was the round cake in the middle.
As you can see it was decorated in white icing with a big green question mark in the middle. We put everyone’s name in a bowl that was there and then did a drawing to see who the lucky person was that would get to cut the cake. The icing in the middle of the cake was either pink or blue (compliments of Lee, of course).


It was determined that Destin was going to get to cut the cake and reveal the gender to everyone! And she did not disappoint! The second she saw the pink she let out a yell and announced that it was a girl!
Everyone was very excited and then it was time for pictures and hugging and, to my surprise, gifts! We enjoyed the wonderful cake and large cookie and then opened up some gifts.
Sue-Sue had given us some homemade baby blankets and a collection of quarters that we had started for Papa a few years ago. She had completed the collection and decided to give it back to Ella…so sweet.
Mom gave the sweetest, prettiest little white dress for “Our precious Ella” that just may be her ‘coming home outfit’. It is too cute!
Then Becca gave us her pink gift that she brought (she also had a blue gift on reserve, in case it was a boy)! Inside it had the sweetest littlest pink dress I had ever seen complete with panties to match.
I just can’t wait to dress little Ella up in everything. In fact, I am dying to play dress up with all of her new clothes, so I may just have to get a doll or something and try them all on. Don’t worry, I won’t put them on Maggie, although it is very tempting!
Here is a shot of Maggie doing what she does best...begging for food. I would like to say that she is excited about having a little sister, but c'mon...let's get real! She's all about the food!

No comments: