After meeting with Ella's neurologist again yesterday for the results of her MRI, we found out what we have known all along...her brain is normal and there is no chance that she has any type of syndrome related to her hemangiomas at all! Praise the Lord!!
He said that any markings on her face are completely superficial and we shouldn't have to worry about anything else growing on the inside anymore!!
This means no Sturge-Weber, no PHACE syndrome, no delays (caused by brain tumors), no seizures related to any syndromes, no expectations of glaucoma that we have been warned about...nothing. Nothing except her attitude...which could use some adjustments sometimes...ha! Yay, Yay, Yay!!!!
I realize that all her doctors (all 3 pediatricians, 1 dermatologist, and a neurologist...the ophthalmologists agreed with us) were all erring on the side of caution, but I really just want to call them up right now and remind them that parents usually know their child best and they should be listened to! That's all I will say on that!
Here is our happy, non-syndromed, clear MRI'd baby girl...Merry Christmas to us!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
YAY!
Thats great. I agree Dr.s should listen to us Mommas more often!
Great news Jessica! Happy Holidays to you and your family!!
Amber Charles
That's wonderful, Jessica! What a great Christmas gift!
Parents definitely know best! Ella is such a beautiful blessing! :) So glad everything is a-okay! Merry Christmas.
Post a Comment