Ella had a little mini project of her own this past weekend. After her naps at home, she is usually in a very clingy mood. Sometimes it takes me holding her, feeding her a snack, giving her a drink and turning on Veggie Tales, before she can stop crying. It doesn't make any sense to me, but that's a toddler for you. Anyway, after her nap on Monday, I brought her downstairs to a little craft project that included her two favorite things... a snack and jewelry...a Cheerios necklace...whoo-hoo!
So we found some twine and taped the end of it to prevent unraveling and went to town. Ella was even able to string the Cheerios herself...that is when she wasn't shoving them in her mouth (or I wasn't shoving them into mine, for that matter).
We even had a little moral support from V, who was eyeing the Cheerios with envy. Someday soon, baby girl, very soon!
Now you can see the finished product. My little scheme to keep her from crying so much fell through, since I pulled her away from me to take her picture, but she was soon happy again once I showed her how to eat the Cheerios off of her necklace. This came in very handy later when we went shopping with Nannie. Her snack was already with her! Yay!
Disclaimer: Please don't look too closely at me...I call that my day-off-of-work grunge look.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




No comments:
Post a Comment