Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Weekend Projects!

I bet you thought I had already quit the weekend projects after the first one, right? Yeah, I was pretty surprised that I have kept it up myself. Here is one small project I completed last weekend. I had a very creative one to accomplish for this past long Labor Day weekend, but when two little girls don't take a nap at the same time or at all, my projects go to the back burner. But they are sweet and pretty to look at, so I don't mind!

Project: Bathroom Closet Re-Organization

In our master bathroom, we have 3 locker type wardrobes from Ikea for storage. They are very tall and deep, but narrow and sometimes it is hard to organize everything you want to in there. Two of the wardrobes are for clothes, but one is treated like a linen closet. Since we got them, all we have done is just throw things in there. We have even had shelves to put up in them, but laziness or lack of caring or having babies has caused us to not even bother. That time is over because the mess was ridiculous.

Here are my before and after shots (by the way, I love before and after shots)!


I had to take two pictures (one of the top and one of the bottom). All it took was for me to add a shelf in, get a laundry hamper, a turnstyle (lazy susan), some baskets, and some common sense. Now our life (in our bathroom) is so much simpler. Also, you will notice a purple note on the top shelf...that is to tell me what is stored in the back of that top shelf, since I can't see it.

Also along with this little project, I spray painted 2 stools, a fold-up one to keep in closet and another to keep in kitchen. We have had them for a while, but they have been used for other house projects such as painting. They were filthy and covered in paint specks. It was just so easy to spray paint them and put them back where they belong and they looked brand new. So many times I have looked at this stool in the kitchen and thought about how ugly it is and how I need to get a new one...duh, just paint it! Spray paint rocks!

No comments: