Actually it feels like she is taking my bladder and any other organ she can find and drop kicking it, then jumping on it...in fact, right now, I think she is doing a Chuck Norris Round House Kick to my uterus. But I'm probably being dramatic.
In all seriousness, just in the last 3 days, she has gotten a lot stronger and has started to make me feel uncomfortable at times with all the pushing and prodding. I was lying on the couch on my back the other day and laid our long remote across the tallest part of my belly. After watching it go up and down like a see-saw for a few minutes, it was then kicked off. I'm telling you...my baby can beat up your baby, I'm afraid! Apparently the bacon, egg, and cheese biscuits, I have been eating have been loaded with steroids, because Ella's got it going on!
Other than that, things are going well. I had a doctor's appointment last week and had gained 2 pounds (right on track, they said). Ella's heartrate was lower than usual at 143 beats per minute (but is still fine) and my blood pressure was up higher than normal, but they felt it was all okay. I have been fighting a bad cold for about 2 weeks now and that proabably had something to do with it. I go back next week to see them again...my second home, I feel like!
So, just to make this entry interesting, I am including some pictures from Strawberry Festival last week and BBQ Fest last night. This is my favorite time of the year, and we had a lot of fun!
Destin, me, Lindsey, and Holly at BBQ Fest. Thanks "Pork University"...the food was awesome! We missed you Emily!

Lee and me at BBQ Fest. We look drunk, but alas...I am most definitely not. Not sure I can say the same for Lee!

My parents came with me last night (thank you so much...I would have never made it home that late if I had to drive)! They really enjoyed themselves and I think Mom's favorite BBQ Team was "The Best Little Bore House in Memphis". She took a picture on her cell phone!

Strawberry Festival Jr. Parade last Thursday...Lee, his Dad, and Lucas (oh, and Maggie, but she could really care less about the parade. Her main concern was how do I get my own funnel cake and whose yard can I poop in?).

Strawberry Festival Grand Floats Parade last Friday with Mom, me, and Lee (why am I still wearing that striped shirt...probably because it is the only summer thing I have right now)

Eric, Becca, and Colby at the parade...isn't he soooo cute? They stayed the night at our house before the big parade so they wouldn't have to fight the traffic that morning. They were our first guests to stay overnight in our house. Colby even slept in Ella's room before she gets to (on an air mattress of course...he didn't fit in the crib...ha)!

3 comments:
Wow, Ella does sound strong. You had me rolling with the remote on the belly! I think the striped shirt is very cute! Looks like all kinds of fun in TN! Can't wait to come visit in July. Tell Lee "hello" for us!
Getting closer! Sounds like things are right on track. It will be here before you know it. Also, I've been meaning to tell you to call me anytime if you need anything once she gets here. I know you probably have tons of people to call, but I know it helped me to talk to people who had just been through it all...believe me I called Meredith a hundred times a week!
Great pics, and I absolutely LOVE the nursery- we are going to have to take a trip to Humboldt to see it in person! We missed you last night- hope you are feeling better :)
Post a Comment