Wednesday, May 6, 2009

1st Baby Shower

We had our first baby shower this past Saturday and it was so wonderful! Thanks to Becca, Jennifer, Jessie and Mom for making the Baby Brunch so great! We had wonderful breakfast foods and had about 25 people there. It was fantastic and I can't thank you enough for all that each of you did for us!
It was held at our house so that we could show off the nursery (and I must admit, the house too) so a lot of extended family that has not had a chance to come over yet were able to see what we have been working on for the past 2 years. Here are a few pics from the day. More to come once Mom and Jennifer send them to me!



Take a look at this fabulous diaper cake. Becca, Jen, and Jessie all did this at work one day. I think they need to go into business. I love it and probably will not want to take it apart to get the diapers...ha!



Views of the nursery:



Crib that Nannie & Granddad got for Ella (aka...Mom and Dad)


An embroidered picture that my Nannie (my great grandmother) made for me in 1982. Mom found it in a closet at home and it matches the room perfectly. I can't wait to hang it.




The other side of the nursery where there is a built-in desk that we plan on using for the diaper changer.



And lastly, the gift table once all the gifts were opened. Everything was too cute and I can't wait to use it all. Some unique gifts were a CD player with a set of Lullabies to play in Ella's room from Mom and Dad and an ear infection checker (for lack of the proper term) from Becca. It's the tool that the doctor uses to check your ears for any infections. It comes with photos to help you determine if someone has an ear infection or not. I am sure this will come in very handy in the future! So cool! Thank you so much!



Oh, and I can't forget to add this picture. I am dying to dress something up with all of these cute little girl clothes and I have promised myself that I will not put them on Maggie. So, I found a sock monkey that Sue-Sue (my grandmother) had made for me and put the little Polo dress (one of the many, many things from a proud Aunt Becca) on the sock monkey! I love it!

6 comments:

Heather said...

Awe! So wish I could have been there! I am so impressed with the house... I know I keep saying that, but I guess I'm just jealous 'cause I know I could never pull it off myself! I'm glad your first shower went so well. I'm really envious and wish I could be a part of them ALL! Take care!

Aunt Becca said...

My question is did you put the little matching panty thing on the sock monkey as well?

Emily Fuller said...

LOVE LOVE LOVE the sock monkey! haha jk (kinda) The nursery looks SO good! Lee and all who helped really did an amazing job - I love it because it will grow up with her. It's not so baby that you'll have to change it in a few years. The changing table/desk is cool too - I didn't remember it there. I'm so excited for you guys and can't wait for your shower!

Unknown said...

That's a NO on the panties for the sock monkey! The dang tail got in the way! ha!

Lindsey said...

The nursery looks amazing! I love the colors. You and Lee did a great job. You have such an eye for what is going to look good!

That diaper cake is impressive too! :)

Heather said...

Jessica, the nursery looks beautiful. I really want to see before and after photos of your whole house!