Last Thursday, Lee's co-workers at TDOT had a wonderful baby shower for us at lunch. After a tasty meal of taco/chili salad (where they laid out Tums on the table just in case it would give me heartburn), we had a fantastic homemade strawberry cake (Lee's favorite) that was so beautifully decorated by Lee's colleague Tabitha.
She even found out what colors we were using in our nursery so the cake could match. So good and so professional looking!
Here is the corsage she made for me out of a bib that said "I Love Mommy" and a pacifier and some little socks.
They had a sign up announcing the name...
After stuffing ourselves with cake we opened up a gift bag full of wipes, a couple of bottles, a baby blanket, some snack cups and spoons, more pacifiers and a sweet little headband for Ella's probably bald head (she takes after her daddy). Then we opened the big present that was the car seat and stroller traveler combo...it was AWESOME! We were so excited to get this!
Here we are after the shower...full, fat, and happy!
Here are a few other pictures from the weekend...
Lee's birthday was Friday and I got him a hybrid bike. He has mentioned wanting to start riding long distances for exercise, so I broke down and found him one. And I have to say he has surprised me by already riding 3 out of the last 5 days. I was able to snap a picture of him pulling away on the first ride (against his wishes)!
On Saturday, I started going through all the baby gifts and organizing them where I would like for them to go, separating clothes into sizes...things like that. I pulled out the Easy Wrap Swaddler to figure out how it works and of course had to practice on the sock monkey. Then I decided maybe it was time to start getting Maggie used the idea of a baby. So after Maggie got settled in her little bed one night, I put the swaddled sock monkey in there with her to see how she would react. She looked over at that thing, smelled it for a second, and after I said, "love on the baby", she looked at it and sneezed on it...not too happy about her new companion.

Hopefully she will like the real baby a little better! Have a great rest of the week everyone!
1 comment:
My puppies have the same red bed! Don't worry... as crazy as Laya is (crazy doesn't even do her justice), she was great with Jackson! I'm sure Maggie will be fine! Miss you always!
Post a Comment