Tuesday, May 26, 2009

New Cousin!

Ella is proud to announce (from the womb) that she will have a new cousin come January 18th! That's right, my sister is preggers and is making me an aunt again! We are very excited!

Colby was proud to announce to all the family this past Sunday that his "mommy had a baby in her belly and he was going to be a big brother". It was very cute and I think (for now) he is super excited about being a big brother. Let's see how he reacts when reality hits...I'm sure he will do great!

I have already decided that since Ella and Baby Mayfield #2 (I shall name it BM2) are only going to be 6 months apart that they are probably going to gang up on Colby during playtime in the future. When I mentioned this to Becca, she said, "yeah probably, but at least he will always have Granddad"! That's so true!
Here is a comparison of the new cousins by size:
In one corner, we have BM2 weighing in at practically nothing right now and is 1/4 inch tall (about the size of a lentil). Hobbies include developing its organs and growing its nose, mouth & ears as well as its arms and legs.

In the other corner, we have little Ms. Ella Katherine weighing in at approximately 4 pounds and standing proud around 17 inches long. Her hobbies include hiccuping more than twice a day now and beating up her mommy. Babycenter.com likes to compare her to the size of a pineapple. So, that's why I'm starting to waddle...I'm carrying a pineapple around 24/7!

3 comments:

Heather said...

I love your colorful ways of blogging. I always look forward to a new update!

Emily Fuller said...

Yea for BM2!!! You do realize BM2 will take on a whole new meaning once Ella gets here? Yea for more kiddos!!!

Unknown said...

Congrats, Becca! Jessica shared your exciting news with us last week- I am so happy for you! :)