**WARNING WARNING...long post and lots of pictures...don't say you were not warned**
Time has flown by and my sweet little Ella Katherine is 10 weeks old today. In the past two months, we have learned many things about our girl and I want to make sure I get them documented on here.
I have learned that she is a chunk...as most everybody we run into likes to point out to me. Yes, she is big for her age (at the hospital last week she weighed 12 1/2 pounds and was 22 1/2 inches long), but I think she is just perfect. I especially love those "Lee" cheeks that are so round and perfect. We love to kiss on them, but for some reason, Lee and I have a hankering to bite them. I don't know why, but we have both expressed that desire at different times. They are just so soft and we can't keep from touching them!
Memphis Tiger Family!We have found that Miss Priss loves loves loves to smile. I could watch her smile all day long. She loves to smile with her mouth wide open, which you might think is impossible, but her, it's possible. She loves to smile with her tongue out, and she loves to smile while hunkering into her shoulders like she is being shy. My cheeks are sore at the end of the day because I have been smiling at her so much in response to her smiles.
Happy Birthday Grandad!
On the other hand, she has a mean cry and has no problem doing it....which leads to the fact that we have learned how impatient she is. Of course, I'm sure this could probably go along with most babies, but if she is ready to eat and realizes it, she is mad that the bottle is not there that second. I have really got to brush up on my telepathy skills...that or get her on a schedule so I know when the time is to feed her. (We are currently working on that)!
Ella and her Great-Grandmother Sue-SueBaby girl wants to be independant. Even though she is two months old, she is holding her head up like a champ and wants to sit up. Of course, her head bobs around like a drunk guy still a little, but she just won't have it if you try to hold her like a baby anymore. She wants to sit straight up and not against you...independent of you. It's very tricky, but we are figuring it out.
Ella's first wedding shower for Amy and LynnWhile sitting up straight in your lap, we have noticed that she LOVES to watch TV...especially football...mostly noted, Tennessee football. I don't know where we went wrong, but she even loves it when Rocky Top is sung to her. Don't worry fellow Memphis fans, we are not singing it to her...her Aunt Becca started that mess and we couldn't be more worried! We do dress her up in her little Memphis Princess outfit for game days, but so far, we are two of two on her spitting up on the dress...and she doesn't usually spit up. Bad omen, I'm afraid!

Ellie (as Lee refers to her) loves to have books read to her. Of course, she has to be in the right mood, but if you get her just right, she will look at you and the book like she is really listening and is really interested. But it isn't just with any book...her favorite is "Are You My Mother?" and least favorite is "Panda Bear, Panda Bear, What do you See?". I think that she will grow to love that book later, but for now, it's like she needs something with a story behind it, you know...something with a beginning, middle, and end. I know...she is a genius, right? Ha!
My sweet girl has just recently starting enjoying sitting in her bouncy chair by the piano while I practice for church or weddings. Sometimes it puts her to sleep, but most of the time, she just stares at the piano and kicks her legs. I am pretty sure she loves music. I am a little afraid, though, that her ear for music will be off, because there is one key on my piano that is way flat (it needs tuning really bad). 

This was a first...Maggie wanted in my lap with Ella. I was shocked!
Notice how Ella had a hold on Maggie's fur, and Maggie didn't even care! We are making progress!

Love bath time with Daddy!
I love those long eye lashes. This picture doesn't do them justice!

Her ear for music may also be off because I sing to her constantly. Seriously, my throat gets dry and tired everyday from singing so much. But if she is going to smile and laugh and kick while I do it, then I am going to keep on singing. Her favorite songs as of now are "Alpha Gam House", "Walking After Midnight" by Patsy Cline, and "Wheels on the Bus".
To close up this way long post, I have to get down all of the nicknames that we have given her. Poor thing may not ever know her real name since this is all we call her: Ellie, Miss Priss, sugar bear, munchkin, munchkin face, punkin, punkin face, sweet girl, sweet pea, sugar bean...the list could go on and on. I don't know where any of these come from, but it's what comes out of our mouths. The worst part of all of this is that we sometimes mess up and call her Maggie...the dog's name. Hopefully that won't continue!
Love bath time with Daddy!Ella (there I used her real name) is not sleeping through the night yet...still on a 3 hour schedule, but we are working on it. She has done it maybe 3-4 nights, but I am afraid those were just flukes. Hopefully our new schedule that we are working on will get us there. I will have more on that later (but only if it works...ha)!
That's all for my two month wrap-up. I hope you all enjoy the pictures and enjoy your full night's sleep. I am envious!
3 comments:
love the pictures, she's such a beautiful, happy little girl. :) don't feel too bad about not sleeping through the night... E is 14 months old, and has slept through the night exactly 3 times. *sigh* one of my favorite things about babies is the names we come up with for them. my favorite for my daughter is "monkey toes". you're doing a great job mama!
I love the post- all of the pictures are so cute. Ella is so precious, and you and Lee are great parents :)
Love hearing all the good news and seeing the past 2 months captured here!
Post a Comment