Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Fiesty Baby #2

As most of you know, we are expecting again!! Whoo-hoo! Let the madness begin...as if it hasn't already! I thought I would celebrate by giving my blog a new look AND a new name! Williams - Party of Four pretty much sums it up...because I think it will be a party all the time around here!

I am now at 15 weeks and feeling great! Finally, that pesky morning sickness has gone away and Ella doesn't have to mock me anymore in the mornings when I am throwing up! She is too funny! I thought it might scare her, but she just sits there and mimics my coughing and laughs. I'm glad I can amuse her in some ways!

Baby Williams, Jr. is due on February 8th, but will most likely be taken by C-section a week earlier. I have already felt her moving around (and yes, I said her because I'm 98% sure it is a girl and will be shocked to hear otherwise)!

During a baby check-up this morning, the nurse went to listen to the heartbeat and for a split second, we heard a few beats, but then it was quickly gone! It literally took about 10 more minutes of trying before we heard it again at 160 bpm. She kept saying, I think you have one fiesty girl on your hands! (She will be in good company!) She said the baby was so active that she couldn't get a good reading. Finally, baby girl (or boy...there, I said it) slowed down enough to where we faintly heard it. The nurse told me to make sure I get some rest, because I will need to chase this baby around when it comes. After I told her that I already have a 13 month old, she asked if I needed to take a nap right there right then!

September 15th is the day we find out officially what we are having...have I mentioned I think it is a girl?

Needless to say, Lee and I are very excited about our upcoming future! We are trying to take the "Oh my goodness", the "What have you gone and done?", and the "Bless Your Hearts" in stride from the people who don't know how to keep their mouth shut when you are trying to spread good news! Here is all I am going to publish to the public:   YES, WE KNOW WE ARE GOING TO HAVE TWO BABIES IN DIAPERS THAT ARE 18 MONTHS APART. WE CAN DO THE MATH. AND YES, WE KNOW WE ARE GOING TO BE VERY TIRED, BUT GUESS WHAT? YOU DON'T HAVE TO DEAL WITH IT, WE DO AND WE WANT TO!  There...that's done!

Ella couldn't be more excited about her baby sister/brother...at least I'm sure she couldn't! Surely she understands me when I explain it to her, right? Oh, and Maggie is thrilled as well. I'm sure that her getting sick for 3 days straight after we found out was just a fluke...just like when we found out with Ella, she ran out into the street and got hit by a car...right?

Oh, well...everyone can have their own opinions, but they all better be happy about it in the end! Ha!

4 comments:

Shannon said...

Hahaha! I love it! So excited for you 2. You will be tired, but so blessed too. =)

Anonymous said...

I am so excited for you all! I think it will be wild and tiring no matter the ages of older kids/babies. I know I'm tired this time and Miles just turned 4...but how fun to have 2 sweet little ones' giggles to fill the house. Congratulations!

-Anna

Emily Fuller said...

LOVE the new blog and the new name! Ella is just getting cuter all the time! So glad the morning sickness is gone... countdown to Sept 15 and baby girl #2 is on!

Angela said...

I am so happy for y'all! So exciting. And I just have to give my two cents: I think it is WONDERFUL that Ella will have a sister (or brother, ha!) that close to her age. My brother and I are 13 months apart and my mom talks about how awesome it was raising two best friends.