Monday, January 24, 2011

Yummy...Casserole Baby Shower!

This past Sunday, our church graciously gave us a Casserole Shower to help prepare for baby Virginia. Everyone was instructed to bring a casserole or frozen dinner in an 8 x 8 pan covered in plastic wrap and then covered in aluminum foil with directions on how to cook it on the outside. It was a very neat idea and now we have tons of food for the upcoming weeks that shouldn't take any time to prepare!!

Unfortunately for me, I came down with a serious stomach bug on Saturday night and get this...lost 6 pounds in less than 24 hours. That's not so great news when you are 38 weeks pregnant, but I am feeling better now and just focusing on drinking plenty of fluids. Little Virginia has been bumping around quite a bit (probably hungry) and seems to be doing just fine. I am just praying that Lee and Ella do not get it either. Hopefully it was just a 'me' thing.

When Sunday morning rolled around, I called the lady at our church in charge of the shower and told her that I really thought they should continue on with having it since so much preparation had gone into it (with people making things for it), so we decided to still have it and Lee would be the guest of honor instead of me. He really was a trooper and even played a few baby games while there with the other women! They invited his dad to go too at the last minute, so that Lee would not be the only man there! Lucky for him, they didn't make him wear a corsage! Ha!

Some ladies brought gifts, which was great too! Some gifts included money and gift cards (can't beat that!), a baby towel cake (very pretty), and some baby clothes and bibs.



Strawberry cake...Lee said that it was very, very good!!

And here is a picture of our fully stocked freezer! Along with some good looking homemade casseroles, there were quite a few frozen family boxed dinners and a pizza (that may not make it until after the baby gets here...yum)!

I was really sad that Virginia and I were not able to make it to her last shower, but thankfully Daddy could stand in for us! Ella would have gone too, but her nap was calling her name (and that was probably better for all that she took that)! Thanks to everyone at church for making us feel special!

No comments: