Thursday, July 7, 2011

Top 15 of the Beach!

Since I could probably go on and on in many, many posts about what a great time my family had in Orange Beach, AL this past week, I decided that for my sake (and time) and the sake of my 3 readers (so they don't get too bored) to just do a top 15 list! Here we go...

TOP 15 THINGS I WANT TO REMEMBER ABOUT OUR BEACH VACATION IN 2011:
(in no particular order)

1
 We were welcomed into Gulf Shores with the smoke of a wildfire. Until we watched the news that night, we didn't realize what it was. We soon learned that it would be there all week. Fortunately, the fire is contained as of now.  It was so crazy waking up to see what you thought were tons of clouds in the sky, but in actuality it was smoke.

2
We got to see Cars 2 in 3D...it was awesome!


3
I thought that I had actually gotten a little bit of a light tan at least, but then I got close to my swarthy husband and realized...I wasn't even close!


4
Little Miss Virginia was just as laid back as she could be on the beach...just as I expected!


5
My two girls had their first dips in an ocean! Virginia really had no change of expression at all (maybe she startled a little when her feet touched the cold water), but Ella really, really didn't like the ocean. Her mantra for the week was, "No water, no ocean, no beach". It turns out, she was perfectly content and even excited about playing in the sand and sitting in a kiddie pool...by the ocean (but not in it)!


6
Baby will put anything in her mouth, including sand. The second we would put her down, she was reaching for whatever was in her arm length. If it was sand, so be it!


7
Flippie floppies were probably the highlight of Ella's trip. She had 3 new pair for the trip and enjoyed getting to wear them, plus everyone else's all week long.


8
Lee and I tend to get along really, really well on vacations. We are hoping to bring that back to our home life! :) Maybe that is why we were able to get a really great picture!  Yay!


9
These little curly headed cousins had the BEST time with each other all week long. Savannah and Ella (the sister cousins, as we call them) never had a bored moment with each other around. I'm so glad they had a great time together and I am so glad that they have each other! Hopefully they will let Virginia in their group in a year or two!



10
This will be one of the few times that a round full belly will look so cute in a teenie weenie pink bikini! Love it!


11
I have the sweetest, most loving parents anyone could ever ask for. In addition to providing the condo for all 10 of us to stay in, they helped provide food and childcare. And isn't it so sweet how much they love each other? It makes me so proud to be their daughter!


12
Since Ella is Lee's child, I knew she would get tan, but since there is some of me in there, I thought it could go either way. Well, the swarthiness continues...my little Coppertone girl! (All we need is a little dog there to tug on her diaper)!



13
Lee built an awesome sand couch (take that 8 year olds trying to build a castle)! He even got to enjoy it with his cooler sitting next to him. I added the tv...I thought he might need something to watch!



14
If you notice in the right picture, all of the kids are in our condo window looking out at Grandad on the bridge to the beach. They got a kick out of being able to see so much from that window!



15
When you ask Ella if she likes to swim or if she wants to go swimming, her response is always, "I float" or "Ella float". She doesn't care much for the pool, but if you get her in her float, she is good to go. Of course, Virginia loved hers too...sometimes too much, because she kept trying to eat it and lap up the pool water. Hopefully she didn't get too much chlorine! :)

A great time was had by all! 10 people in a 3 bedroom condo wasn't so bad (even if Virginia had to sleep in the bathroom) and the company was awesome! Thanks Mom, Dad, Becca, Eric, Colby, Savannah, Lee, Ella, & Virginia for making this such a great trip!

No comments: