I am very excited that as of October 19th, I have been working as the Marketing Manager for our local cable/internet company...InfoStructure, Inc.
This came about after a seed was planted about the position over a year ago, but it turned out that it just wasn't a good time for me to be switching jobs, so we tried again and it worked for all involved!
Since I am working in town now (about 2 minutes away from my house), I don't get to take the girls to daycare or pick them up. It is closer to Lee's work now, so he takes care of transporting them. This is KILLING me! I love talking to their teachers and seeing them in that environment, and I really miss that. But with everything there are trade-offs, and with a raise, a job that I like and a 2 minute commute, I would say that I am doing well. It's a good thing I know their teachers on FB and can communicate that way!
This job is definitely different than what I have been doing for a while, but I love all the possibilities it brings into my daily tasks, and the room for creativity is huge! I have been crazy busy learning about the business and getting ready for the holiday season, that by the time I get home, I am exhausted and have no time for anything else but the girls and the upkeep of the house (who am I kidding...is that actually happening?). This is why my blog has been lacking, but hopefully I can keep up better now that I have a bit of a routine back.
Here are a few pictures from a Downtown Fall Festival we had in our little town 3 days after I started my job. We set up a tent and had some games and candy to pass out. Of course, Lee, the girls and my mom came, so pictures were definitely taken! This was E & V's 2nd of 3 Fall Fests, so they were quickly becoming pros.
Love the fall and learning to love the new job! All is good!
No comments:
Post a Comment