You would certainly think the title of my blog is true, the way we celebrated my 30th birthday on October 15th! That is not something I could do every weekend like I used to, but way worth the money and time it takes to recuperate to go through with it!
It all started with a trip to Memphis with Lee to a hotel that I couldn't wait to stay in...
The crowded lobby at 5pm...
The door to our room...
The soap in our bathroom...Know where yet?
Yeah, baby...
The Peabody Hotel! I was super excited and I'm sure you can't tell a bit!
Our night started with a group of friends meeting at The Peabody for a champagne toast. Here is Jocelyn and me starting a little early!
Lee surprised me with an awesome gift...a trip to New Orleans for New Year's Eve!!!! With Jocelyn & Eric! Apparently the guys have been planning this for a few months and it was a surprise to Jocelyn as well! What a great surprise! We have always wanted to go somewhere for the New Year but have been too pregnant the last few years to do anything...this year it is on!!
Destin and Brian then showed up!
And then the rest of the crew for the toast (minus some that weren't able to make it...boo...we missed you)
The girls...
Jocelyn, Becca,Virginia, me, & Destin
Sweet...Brian & Destin
Me & V
Becca & Eric...also sweet
The happy 30 year old couple...The Peabody Bar
Virginia & Becca relaxing while we wait to eat at BlueFin!
The boys...
Lee, Brian, Eric, & Eric
Our own private room at BlueFin...VIPs
After dinner...which lasted until like 11:30, we headed to Beale Street and got to dance away (like we were 20...but with a lot more aches the next day) to my favorite cover band Kevin and Bethany Paige at Alfreds!
After a great breakfast at 3am at Cockadoos on 2nd and a few hours sleep, Lee and I reluctantly checked out of our room and went straight to the rooftop to look around. Here are some pictures I couldn't resist taking...like I was a tourist or something (actually we were)!
"Why?"
A very sleepy looking 30 year old
What a great night! Thanks to everyone that came and celebrated...it was so much fun and something I will always remember...that is if I can keep my memory for much longer...I am old now! ha!
No comments:
Post a Comment