Before I started this new job, I was constantly reading craft blogs and getting idea after idea of easy things I could make. One weekend, many weekends ago, I started working on this unique wreath that shouldn't have taken long, but for me...a few weeks!
Here are all of the supplies...wreath form, an unpainted wood initial, paint, ribbon, glue sticks...
Bag of Large Lima beans, and a glue gun!
After getting the girls down for a nap, and turning on Pandora...
I got to work painting the initial so it would have time to dry.
Then I carefully glued each lima bean onto the wreath form. At the suggestion of the blog I was following (can't remember now where it came from), I started on the inside of the wreath, then went to the outer circle, then filled in the sides of the wreath.
This ended up taking longer than I had anticipated and the girls didn't sleep as long as I would want, so my project was cut short.
A few days later, I spray painted the lima beans and had to take a few days in between so I could turn it. Then I completely forgot the project and my girls quit napping. Yes, those were some hairy weekends...thankfully we seem to be back on track! So, finally, one afternoon about 2 weeks ago, I was able to glue the initial to the beans, tie a ribbon around it and voila...
My new wreath!
I love the colors I picked out, but it seems too spring-ish to hang now, so I will store away until Spring and hang then. Hopefully beans will not start popping off before then!
***
For the past 3 weekends, Mom, the girls, and I have visited Holiday Marts all around this area, and everywhere we go, people are selling these certain type of mesh ribbon poofy wreaths. They are too cute and I was determined to be able to make them.
So, after getting the materials together (mesh ribbon & a wreath form with decorative twisty ties) and watching a quick youtube, how-to video, I cranked this wreath out while waiting for Virginia to quit crying during her "cry it out" stage of her Saturday afternoon nap. Translation...about 20 minutes. (And then Lee went and got her and she never slept...back to this again, I see). So anyway, I am pretty proud of it and will definitely hang on my front door.
Most places were selling finished wreaths anywhere from $35-40. My materials cost $20. Yay!



No comments:
Post a Comment