Sunday, May 23, 2010

10 Months Old!

One week ago Ella turned 10 months old, and boy what a difference a month makes!
She is now crawling (well, really pushing herself backwards), but she wants to go forward so bad! She can get on her belly from sitting and will rock back and forth, so I'm sure it's coming soon! Scooting on her bottom is currently her mode of transportation and she can swivel in one spot just like a desk chair, only using her legs! She has started rolling over and over and now sleeps on her belly and loves it!

Her gross motor skills may be slightly behind, but her speaking and social skills are excellent...according to everyone else, because let's face it, how would I know? Just in the last month, she has started clapping her hands, making kissing sounds on command, making all kinds of new syllables including da-da, ma-ma, ba-ba, na-na, and just today starting doing a "t" sound. She will "high-five" on command and can say it in her own version after you say it! She is definitely saying something for the word "ball". She doesn't quite get the "ell" sound out, but will say the same thing over and over when she sees the ball. It is so amazing to see her recognize things and call them by name (or her own sound, whatever)!

Giving a kiss to Daddy for his 29th Birthday! Happy Birthday Lee!

She now has seven teeth with an eight one coming very soon, I suspect. The big white bulge under the gums is giving its arrival away! Ella is still a very good eater and is enjoying trying new finger foods such as Yogurt Melts, Puffs, Biter Biscuits, cheese and little bits of soft vegetables here and there. Lee is still making most of her food and wouldn't have it any other way.



Our little "goose" is still generally a happy baby, as long as A) if I'm there, I'm either holding her or very close to her or B). I am completely out of range of her eyes and ears. Yes, she is still a little clingy to her mommy, but I'm sure the phase will pass eventually. When she is a teenager and can't stand the sight of me, I will be wishing for these moments back! Happy 10 Months Ella!

No more pictures...I'm done!

1 comment:

Angela said...

I can't believe how fast these babies are growing! And I STILL can't believe that girl has 8 teeth!