To say that I had a great first Mother's Day would definitely be an understatement! Lee, ahem...I mean Ella, really made me feel special and loved and appreciated!
My special day actually started the night before when Lee told me that I could sleep downstairs without a baby monitor on and he would get up with the munchkin in the morning (when she wakes up at 6am on the dot)! Not only did he get up with her, but he bathed her and got her dressed. Then when I did wake up, he (I mean Ella) brought me breakfast...a homemade Bacon Egg Cheese Biscuit...much better than McDonald's anyday!
Then I received the two sweetest cards from the both of them and a very unexpected gift wrapped in paper made of a picture of Ella. I just wanted to stop right there and keep that because it was so cute! But...I didn't, I had to see what was in there! To my huge surprise, it was a Sony Reader!!!! Lee said that I needed a bunch of books to relax and now I can download them all to this device and take them wherever I want. It fits in my purse, which is an awesome thing I think!
After we went to church, I was lucky enough to get to spend the afternoon with my mother! My sister and I were so excited to give our gift to her because it was a professional picture that we had taken of all of our kids weeks ago! That will be my next post...all of those pictures!!
It was a wonderful day and I have come to realize that there is nothing better than being Ella's "Ma-ma"!
No comments:
Post a Comment