Friday, May 7, 2010

It's Strawberry Time!

Ella was able to experience her first Strawberry Festival this week, something that Lee and I have either participated in or attended every year of our lives! This was a big deal for our little girl, and we were so excited that she was able to enjoy it!



This past Monday night, we attended the Opening Ceremonies event that ended with an awesome fireworks show. I think it was pretty awesome...I didn't see much of the fireworks, because I was too busy looking at my girl to see her reaction. Even though we were there 2 hours past the time that she usually goes to bed, she did great and was in absolute awe of the lights in the sky! She sat with her head back, her hands in an open palm facing up and her mouth wide open. It was so cool to see her reaction to this...it was even cooler that she didn't scream at the loud noises! Hopefully we can say the same here in a few years!











This Thursday and Friday were the Jr. Floats and Grand Floats Parades. Although it was pretty hot, she did okay and while we tried to stay in the shade as much as possible, she was still wearing a liquid T-shirt of spf 50 sunblock! We weren't taking any chances!






The marching bands caught her attention the most, as they should with the loud drums and all, but she had her eye mostly on the boys. Yep...she is almost 10 months old and already a big flirt! With every guy that would walk by, she would reach out and smile or laugh...something to catch their attention. This does not look good for us!






Above are the hair clips I made for Ella and Savannah. I wanted her to have a strawberry hair bow, so these were my last minute creations!





We live right off of the parade route so thankfully we don't have to worry about parking or walking too far, and we had very gracious neighbors that did live on the parade route that let us watch from their yard. On Friday, we set up a pop up tent in front of their house to have some shade, but on Thursday, Ella and I mostly hung out in their carport to avoid the sun. Us pale-skin girls have to watch our complexion!




All in all, it was a great first Festival for our little strawberry! Here's to many more years of Strawberry Festivals to come! And to the corndogs...I see many corndogs in her future!




3 comments:

Nobodys Nothings said...

i absolutely LOVE the hairclips you made for Ella! E won't keep anything in her hair at all. i've finally resigned myself to having a daughter with granny hair until it grows out long. i kinda miss going to the strawberry festival... glad you guys had fun. :)

Lindsey said...

I love the strawberry hairclips and her strawberry outfits! She is such a cutie!

Sara Brock said...

Adorable!!