I guess that we should start getting used to the fact that the end of April, first of May is going to be full of storms and flooding. I'm not quite sure why we act surprised each year, but I guess you just want to forget, because it is never fun.
Last year, we were stuck in our little town since it became an island and our basement was full of water. This year, our basement flooded again, but thankfully we had many things up high already. Lee bought a pump and had many water hoses that were getting the water out. It took 3 days to get it dry, since everytime Lee would pump water out, it would rain and more would come in. Hopefully that is over for this year!
Unfortunately for us, we had actual storm damage this year, but believe me when I say, we were very thankful for what happened, because what could have happened would have been much worse!
Around 11:30 one night, the storms were starting and we heard a loud crash outside our bedroom window. After the storm blew over and our electricity went out for the night, we started shining the flashlight out of windows to see if we could tell what the crash was. We found it.
Lee had parked his truck around the back of the house just a few days ago to unload some stuff and never moved it. We have a large tree at the corner of the back of our house that lost a limb...on top of the truck. But when I say limb, I mean a limb the size of a whole other tree. Here are the pictures...
From inside the house...where's the truck?
From top of deck...well, there's part of it.
Here is the tree that the limb came from. It's like it just left a spear ready to jab someone!
"Oh no". As Ella said when she saw this!
From side of yard...
Damage to side of hood
The truck is there somewhere...
After we (and by we, I mean my Dad), used his chainsaw to cut the truck out the debris, it still ran just fine. Lee had windshield pieces falling in his lap on the way to the body shop, but hey, it still worked!
Worst part of the damage, besides the windshield...
After the owner of the body shop came out to look at it and found out it was a 2000 model, he immediately, said it was "ruirnt". That's "ruined" for all of you non-hick speaking people. We got the official call a few days later that it was totaled and they are going to pay us almost as must as we paid to purchase the truck, so all in all, not a terrible deal.
Since there are so many people that have experienced and still experiencing much worse damage and heartache from these storms, I am not even going to pretend like our damage was a big deal. I am just so grateful that it did not hit our house!
Thank you to Dad and Jocelyn and Eric and their niece and nephew for helping Lee clean up all the wood! We are so appreciative!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)








No comments:
Post a Comment