Wednesday, May 11, 2011

A Special Mother's Day!

This Mother's Day was not only special because I had another daughter to celebrate with, but also because Virginia was dedicated at church.

She looked like a porcelain doll in her new christening gown and I wish that the pictures could have done her justice. Virginia did wonderful when it was her time to shine in front of everyone and even gave the sweetest little yawn when our preacher went to hold her. His response to the congregation was, "Don't you wish you were all up here right now holding her?" Since I play piano, I came from the side where the piano is when it was time to go up front. Lee brought Virginia with him from the back of the church and as they made their way up front, there were so many "oohs and ahhs and awws". I know I'm her mama, but she did look beautiful, in my opinion!




Our preacher Bro. Jason Hartig


Rare family photo...


Virginia showing off her sweet cross bracelet that Nannie and Grandad gave her that morning!


Sweet "no-neck" Virginia


Love those big open mouthed grins!


Giggling at her mommy!


Pretty girl and her pretty Nannie!
Can you tell V was ready to lose the dress?


This day was also special in another way in that my grandmother Sue-Sue got to go to church for the first time since January. After a broken ankle in January, surgery on her ankle in February, major spinal/back surgery in March, and a month long hospital stay, she is finally on the mend and was able to make it to our house for this special day! What a wonderful gift to us all!
Savannah and Ella were taking naps at this time, so unfortunately they didn't make the picture.

Happy Mother's Day!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Virginia looks precious and so beautiful! So glad Sue Sue is better, too. Sounds like you had a wonderful Mother's Day.