Monday, August 15, 2011

Happy 6 Months Virginia!

Even though it was almost 2 weeks ago, Virginia had her half birthday and she is so proud because she definitely has a lot to show for it!



Just in the last 2 weeks, baby girl has learned how to sit up on her own and just as recent as yesterday, learned to "army crawl". It is hilarious because she drags her chunky body across the room with just her arms. I have a feeling that V is going to be my little dare devil and will probably be climbing out of her crib before Ella does. Let's just hope that doesn't happen!



Virginia hasn't had her 6 month check up yet, due to her getting her 4 month shots a month late due to illness, but we have visited the doctor for an upper respitatory infection (it never stops!) and she weighed 18.5 pounds last week. I just knew my little chunk would be way over that, so I was pleasantly surprised!

Riding in the wagon with big sister!


Hanging out with Mommy on a sick day!


My little doll baby still loves to smile and one day after she learned to sit up, she would just play and play with her toys and every so often, just look up at me and smile. She was so proud of herself! This grin below has to be the biggest one I have seen yet. I am sure that her face hurt after that!



Lee has cranked up the good ol' food processor and started making baby food again. With Virginia, we started with carrots (she lapped those up) and then went to sweet potatoes (she lapped those up), and tonight we may go with avocados. We need something other than the color orange! Needless to say, she enjoys eating and besides wanting to hold the spoon herself and shove it in her mouth, she is doing well at it! Her two brand new bottom teeth probably help too!!!


"Uh-ginia" (as Ella now says) just recently started at Ella's daycare and it is so wonderful to take them to one place now! I used to dread the morning and afternoon drives because I would literally be driving for 45 minutes to an hour just dropping off everyone. Now, we just go to one place all together and it is awesome. It has now turned into one of my favorite parts of the day because those sweet little girls (if not too sleepy) like to look over at each other and smile and giggle! Ella usually starts it by "fake" laughing to get V's attention and then they both will "real" laugh so loud! It is beautiful!


We are starting to stretch out the size 6 month clothing to make it fit around V and have finally given in to size 3 diapers (even though we have so many size 2's left)...looks like it is time to go shopping for bigger clothes or at least start looking through Ella's and Savannah's!

Happy Half Birthday Sweetheart!!


1 comment:

The Jordans said...

Sweet Virginia!!! Madeline and I miss seeing her! I cannot believe she is in size 3 diapers already! I love her little rolly arms and legs & those cheeks. ;)