The past few weeks have been a little rough. Fevers, coughs, and body aches have been rampant in our house and don't seem to want to leave! If this is any indication of how our winter will go, I need to get a second job to pay for doctor co-pays and prescriptions.
The weekend before last, Ella had a 102 or so fever for about 24 hours straight. After going to her scheduled 2 year check up last Monday, it was deemed a viral thing and was nothing we could do about it...just like every other kid in her daycare class had just gone through. Then on Wednesday, Virginia got a fever and it stayed for about 24 hours and then went away. We never went to the doctor...just figured it was the same as Ella's.
Last Friday afternoon at work, I started feeling a little bit of sickness creeping in...wasn't quite sure what it was, but I could definitely feel it brewing! On Saturday morning after painting outside in the hot sun for a local volunteer project and almost passing out, I took some time to rest and realized everything on me hurt. My head, my throat, by whole body, my skin, the hair on my skin...it all ached. Time to go to the doctor.
This is what the doctor says when he comes back in the room after checking all of my tests, "Congratulations my dear, you went and got yourself the flu!" WHAT? THE FLU IN JULY??? Yes, it was true...Type B. It was so ridiculous that it was re-donk-ulous (yes, Emily, I used that word)!
Since my kids were already at my parent's house, they just stayed there another night and on Sunday morning, Ella became very sick with coughing and fever. Mom took her to the urgent care facility that I went to and after telling them that Ella's mother was diagnosed with the flu the day before, the doc and nurses were all like, "oh yeah, Jessica, she was in room 6.". Great. I am remembered. For having the flu in July. Super.
Poor Ella had to get a strep and flu test and after those were negative, they did some blood work and a chest x-ray. Poor baby was put through the ringer that day! What did Ella win??? A case of Bronchitis and a prescription for Tamiflu like I was on to just be sure!
Ella was dropped off with me for the rest of the weekend and Monday and we sicklies hung out together alone. Since neither of us were up for pictures, I decided to take pictures of what we did all weekend...
There was lots of coloring...
Lots of couch time...(may I add, Ella has never laid on the couch with me before just to relax and that is all she wanted to do this weekend...poor girl!)
and LOTS and LOTS of Veggie Tales!
We only have 1 DVD at our house of Veggie Tales and after watching that one numerous times (Larry Boy and The Bad Apple, I can recite you in my sleep), I finally hit the jack pot on Netflix and found 20 additional episodes that we can watch through the Wii! Yay!
Now we are all back to work and school, exhausted, but here. I finally got to see my sweet Virginia on Monday night (missed her so much) so now hopefully we can put these illnesses to bed!
Now to close, I will leave you with what has been going through my head non-stop since Sunday...
"lima beans, collard greens, peachy keen...Veggie Tales...cauliflour, sweet and sour, in half an hour...Veggie Tales. There's never ever ever ever ever been a tale like Veggie Tales....there's never ever ever ever ever been a tale like Veggie Tales..."
It never stops.



2 comments:
Oh we have just discovered Veggie Tales and it is killing me...
"Broccoli, celery, gotta be Veggie tales...." Make the madness stop!
I'm so glad that both of you are feeling better
Thanks Shannon! Now, I have one of the Silly Songs with Larry stuck in my head about how much "I love my manatee"...I seriously can't concentrate at work for singing these songs. Ha!!
Post a Comment