I know that when people see a pregnant person, they have the urge to either touch you or say something to you about being pregnant. All of that is fine with me. In fact, I think it’s weird sometimes when people don’t acknowledge that you are pregnant. I guess it gives me a complex like, “why didn’t they say anything, do they think I am just fat”…you know, that kind of thing.
But sometimes the things that come out of people’s mouth are just plain hilarious, on top of being way inappropriate. BE (Before Ella), I can remember seeing someone that is pregnant and wanting to say something to acknowledge it, but not quite knowing what to say at the time. So, unfortunately, what comes out just happens to be something you may have regretted, but didn’t really think twice about it.
I thought I would post a few conversations that I have had with people in my head over the comments that they have made to me. Please don’t take me the wrong way…I understand that these people mean no harm and I appreciate them just for caring enough to take notice of me and make a comment, but really…my hormones (and sometimes my temper) are strong so here are things that I would like to say back!
Lady #1: “Wow, you sure are filling out now!”
Jessica: “Yeah, that’s what happens when you are 7 months pregnant. What’s your excuse?”
Man #1: “Man, are you about to have a baby or something?”
Jessica: “No, dude, I just decided that I would see what it would be like to swallow a basketball.”
Man #2: “Are you pregnant again?”
Jessica: “Yes, I’m pregnant… no, this is the first… and what difference does it make if I was pregnant for the 2nd time... ass.”
Lady #2: “I sure hope that you are taking good care of that little girl in there.”
Jessica: “Oh, I definitely am. She probably really enjoyed the rock concert last night along with the 6 pack I had before I went.”
These comments are true and ones that have actually been made to me. However, my real response was always a polite smile and a fake laugh! I thought I would share this with all of you so that hopefully these things won't really come out of my mouth!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
just wait...the conversations will get better! glad to hear you are holding in the honest responses for now. you are better than I was at times.
Congrats to you and Lee. Can't wait to see pics of Ella soon!
You hold em in well! With all those hormones, I doubt that I could!
Your conversations in your head are hilarious! :)
Post a Comment