26 Week Check-up
Last Friday, I had my 26 week check-up. Everything looked good and I was pleased with my stats:
Weight gain in last month: 4 pounds (right on target)
Blood Pressure: 120/80
Ella’s heart rate: 160 bpm
Height of my fundus: “Perfect” says Dr. Wittber. ( I didn’t ask what the measurement was…not sure I want to know how far my stomach is protruding outward)!
While the nurse had the monitor on my stomach to listen to the heartbeat, Ella kicked at it! We had heard maybe 4 or 5 beats and then I felt the hardest kick yet from her, and the nurse just looked at me and said, “I don’t think she likes this monitor”. Then it was like Ella had swum away or something, because it took the nurse a while to find the heartbeat again, but it was there and very strong!
I go back in 3 weeks (2 weeks now) for the Glucose Screening Test (can’t wait for that wonderful drink…yeah right) and then I will be returning every 2 weeks for a check-up. Fun stuff!
Baby Bedding
It is now crunch time (to me at least) to get the nursery done. My baby bedding that I had ordered off of JCPenny online finally came in two weeks ago. Here is a picture from the website…
It is a little hard to see, but the colors are dark pink and lime green. It looks much better and cuter in person. It is from www.jcp.com and is called "Medallion Baby Bedding".

We (or I should really say Lee) is painting the nursery a dark pink color on top and a white on the bottom. He put up chair rail along the middle of the room and built these frames to go along the bottom portion of the room to give it some texture. He is at home painting right now, so hopefully by next week, we (really Lee) should have the room done and painted and I can post pictures then! Maggie and I just hang out downstairs while he does all the work…he is such a good boy!
Mom and Dad are buying the crib (THANK YOU SO MUCH) and once we get that put up and the bedding in it, I will be super excited!! Becca and Jennifer Ragan are throwing my first shower on May 2nd at my house and I want to be able to show off the nursery by then. I can’t wait!!!
** Don’t worry Becca, I will be registered by this weekend…I promise! **
Perks of Pregnancy
I haven’t had too much to complain about during my pregnancy so far (thank God), but I am finally starting to realize some of the perks!
** My hair is finally starting to get really thick. It has always been thick, but now it seems that I don’t have the “flat” days like I used to. Don’t get me wrong, it may not look good at all, but at least its not flat and sticking to my head or anything! Also, since I have stopped shedding so much hair lately, it took much longer for the drain in the bathtub to clog up again. But once it did, Lee cleaned it out, like he always does. Again, I can’t stress enough what a good boy he is!!
** I don’t have to do much…anywhere. Lifting, walking, getting things…whatever, someone is always jumping up to do it for me. Now that I definitely look pregnant (and not just pudgy), people are offering to do more for me. It’s probably making me lazy, but hey, why not, right?
** I have a plate and/or drink shelf. As I was sitting on the couch eating dinner last night (I hate to say it, but that is normal) I realized that I could conveniently set my drink on my stomach. It was awesome! Notice Maggie in the background…wherever there is food or the hint of food, she is not too far behind waiting for something to drop!
I have completed 2 more baby classes since my last post, so watch out for more updates to come soon! Have a great day!
6 comments:
All so exciting! Love the nursery decor. Lee seems amazing! He is such a handy-man!
So exciting! Question about the baby bedding... is the "Sweet Dreams" hanging letters included in the package? :)
No - not included in the package, thank goodness. I'm afraid I won't be ordering that to hang up in the room! ha!
I love your nursery colors/bedding. I can't wait to see it in real life! I like the drink shelf... a real perk or pregnancy!
I also love the bedding- it is so cute! I can't wait to see the nursery :)
Love the nursery..so fun! Don't you just love JC Penny? That's where we got Savannah's stuff.
Post a Comment