I am 29 weeks along today and I had my Glucose Tolerance test at the Doctor’s office today…and I passed! So no gestational diabetes for me! Whoo hoo!
So many people have told me how awful it is to take this drink that they give you. I heard it’s the worse thing they have ever had and how it made people sick. So, I was going with apprehension on drinking this nasty sugary stuff. To my surprise, it was very good. I don’t know what that says about me, (maybe I am really used to having a lot of sugar, I don’t know), but it was good. There was another woman drinking it at the same time I was and she just chugged it like it was nothing. Apparently, she liked it a lot too. It is basically an orange soda with a cup of sugar added to it…very tasty!
After an hour, I had my blood drawn, then later saw the doctor. I had gained 3 pounds (still on the pound a week track, which is good, they tell me), my blood pressure was good and I showed no signs of anemia. Ella’s heart rate was 159 beats per minute and she moved constantly the whole time again while being checked. Such an active baby!!
I start going back every 2 weeks now until I reach 36 weeks and then it’s every week. My next appointment is May 7th. I can’t believe how time is flying by now at this point.
I don’t think I am really “nesting”, but I do feel a strong urge to hurry up and get things done! Lee and I have given ourselves a deadline of May 1st to get our upstairs completed on the remodeling. My parents have been coming over every night this week to do something (thank you so much!!!!) since Lee and I have been going to Revival at our church every night this week. We ordered carpet for the upstairs today, have completed all of the painting on the walls, ceilings, and trim, and now need to paint furniture and clean the floors really well!
My first baby shower will be held at my house on May 2nd and we are having people over for the Strawberry Festival on May 8th, so we would really like to have these things done. Oh well…we will see!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
I can't wait to see the upstairs completed- I'm sure it is looking great!
As if having a baby and all the prep for that isn't enough, you guys are remodeling the house as well! Such over-achievers!!! I miss you guys. Sounds like things are great and we are so happy for that.
So glad to see a new post! And I'm glad you can handle your sugar - I had no doubts! I agree with you, I didn't think it was as terrible as everyone made it out to be. Can't wait to see you this weekend!
Yea, people hype up that drink and it's really not so bad. Glad you passed with flying colors! Sounds like you and Ella are doing great!
Post a Comment