During what seemed like the half day that we were there, we started getting delirious as well as tired. I let Lee hold the scanner (of course I did…had to keep him occupied with doing something) and he was very trigger happy. The second I would pick up something to look it over or read the back of the box, he would scan it. If I even made mention of something that I might like, he would scan it. He was scanning items as we were walking away from the baby section. Needless to say, I had a lot items that I had to delete once I got home and got online and realized what all was actually on there. Here are a few of the items that made it to the registry without me knowing it…
A monster night light...(yeah, that's great for soothing a little baby)

A nice tiffany lamp (would be nice for the house, but I doubt people will really want to buy that)...
A children's book on Barack Obama...maybe for an 8 year old...not baby Ella (Lee tried to sneak it in, but it didn't work)

Then on Saturday night, we made our dreaded trek to Wal-mart to register there. We had to check out the scanner at the jewelry counter and while the “associate” was showing me how to work the scanner, a warning pops ups and says MAIN BATTERY LOW. She hands it to me and says, well, I hope it works. If you get over there and it dies, just come back and I’ll change the batteries. I’m thinking, why not now, but I didn’t say anything.
We made it through Wal-mart a lot quicker (probably because we had already registered for most everything at Target), but we added a few things to this one. As we got to the last aisle and knew that we had maybe like three more things that we wanted to add, the scanner died. I was going to be so ticked if we did all that and then lost it all, but after I turned it back in to the “associate”, she said that it should all be saved anyway. I printed out my list before I left there and thankfully, she was right.
I really have no idea what is on the registries. I just hope that people know it is a guideline as to what to go by and to know that we really need whatever there is…we are not too picky at this point and just grateful (and amazed) that we are having 6 showers given by wonderful family and friends. I can’t wait for those to start!!!
By the way, I said I would give an update on our other baby classes, but there really isn’t much to report on an Infant Care Class and the Breastfeeding Class. Although, I do have to mention the idiot in the Infant Care Class that asked if it was the job of the “daddy” to hook his finger into the baby’s mouth (like how you hook a fish when it’s caught – his example, not mine) and lead it to the mother’s breast to help it start breastfeeding. The nurse teacher calmly responded, “Yes, mothers will need all kinds of help with everything, however, that is not quite what we had in mind”. If that had been me, I would have just led the group in prayer to pray for their poor child that was about to enter this world with those parents. They were from Lexington...what do you expect?
Have a great day!
3 comments:
I feel your pain with the registering! It's so much to get through, but it's fun once you start having showers :-) Isn't it amusing and horrifying that some people are allowed to reproduce? You could write a book on the stupid things people ask in childbirth/breastfeeding classes.
As I have said, I wish I could be there to join in on all those fun showers! I hope the stress of registering is over now and you can enjoy the fruit from it! The infant class comment was quite disturbing! I miss you!
It sounds like so much fun! I can't believe that Lee agreed to register at Wal-Mart!
Post a Comment