My friend Lisa Webb threw me a shower on Saturday, May 30th at the Chamber of Commerce in Jackson for our Exchange Club and Chamber friends. She had a wonderful tasting and beautifully decorated cake that I had two pieces of ( I couldn't help myself)! Thank you so much Lisa...it was great!
My 4th baby shower was the next day on Sunday that was given by our church Smyna Baptist. Again, we had a wonderful cake and tons of presents. Not only were these gifts things that we needed on or off our registry (we do not care, because we need anything and everything), but there were a lot of homemade items from this group of talented women!
Some of my favorite hand made items were a crocheted matching cap, sweater, and blanket, a Strawberry Shortcake quilt (matches the nursery perfectly), and a monogrammed burp cloth that says "I Spit Orange". I thought Lee was going to die when we opened this...so funny. The lady who gave it to us said, "Well, I was just sure that everyone was a UT fan". We just grinned and made sure we made a picture with the cloth on Lee. His suggestion was to add the word "on" to it to make it "I Spit (On) Orange"! Nonetheless, it was cute, and I'm sure it will come in handy (especially for the messier items...ha)!
The happy parents-to-be...
A cute little dress that we received and a sweet little praying bunny in Lee's lap...
Lee's favorite gift...
The beautiful crocheted sweater...
The guests...
The yummy cake (no wonder I gained 2.5 pounds these past 2 weeks)!

Tomorrow...pictures and updates from my last two showers! They have all been so great! I love having babies! (Let's see if I say that in a few weeks...ha)!
Have a great day!
1 comment:
I know Lisa Webb! I served on a Crossroads walk with her as music leaders! Ask her if she remembers me. Jackson has that same burp cloth and it was Jonathan's favorite! Tell Lee that's a great idea, though, for y'all... adding "on"! Can't wait to see the next two showers. I think of you everyday!
Post a Comment