Well, I knew it had to come eventually, but it seemed to come a lot faster with Virginia...it is now time to end my maternity leave and head back to work. No more day-time naps, day-time tv, or day-time anything! Back to the grind!
This is what I had to wake up this morning so early to get her ready to go. It broke my heart to wake this sleeping baby, especially since I had just laid her back down 3 hours before that...ha! Wouldn't you love to sleep so carelessly and free like that?
This is from Virginia's first day of "school", which was last week. I had to get her acclimated before I went back to work. I didn't think I could handle starting her and me all in the same day!
Side note: as a little sister myself, I must say that I agree whole heartedly with her shirt!
I'm sure that the hard times are coming now that we are all going to be back in a routine and seem to never be at home with each other, but I'm sure we will manage. I seriously spent almost 2 hours getting all of our things ready last night for today. Including myself, I have 3 women to dress...do you know how hard that is? ha! And then to pack all of our lunches and blankets and bottles and crib sheets and laptops and purses...the list seems to never end. Lee has it pretty easy...he just has to manage himself and then take a baby to school. But I must admit, sometimes that can be a challenge, since I have to prod him up in the morning just to do that! I am, however, very grateful to him for forcing some shorts on Ella this morning, since Miss I Have An Opinion Now only wanted to wear a shirt, diaper, socks and tennis shoes. That was at least one meltdown I wasn't invited to!
To make things a little easier, last week I decided to splurge and get us all a treat...someone to clean our house! I absolutely can't wait to come home to a clean house next week. Now we may all have to eat Ramen noodles, but hey, that just means less dishes and skinnier waistlines, right? It's a win-win!
Have a great day!

1 comment:
Hope you are having a good week back! When Logan was Virginia's age, I felt like I spent all of my time at night after he went to bed packing his bag and getting ready for the next day. I can't even imagine doing it for two!
Post a Comment