Thursday, April 7, 2011

V is 2 Months Old!


Miss Virginia Lee is now 2 months old and time has been flying by in our house. Although we are definitely getting used to our family of four now, I'm sure some adjustments are coming when I go back to work in 4 weeks. I'm sure we will manage though!

Monday I took Virginia for her 2 month check-up and her first shots. She did very well and everything looked great (says the doc), but she did give out 2 or 3 of her "I'm in pain" cries after her shots. I now know what this type of cry is after Ella accidentally kicked her in the head on Saturday...V let us know it hurt and it hurt bad!

She weighed 11 pounds, 4 ounces and was was 22 1/4 inches long. According to what I looked up myself on the internet, she is at the 36th percentile for weight and 25th percentile for height. I'm used to have a short baby, but not a 36th percentile for weight baby. Wow! We need to put some meat on her...ha!

 


V is currently taking 4 ounces of formula every 3-4 hours. Two weeks ago, she was still getting up every 3 hours on the dot to eat during the night, but magically (knock on wood), this week she has started going 4-5 hours. We usually put her to bed around 7:30 or 8 and then she may get up around 12 and then again around 5. It has been awesome!! Just having an extra hour or two of sleep at a time makes me feel so much better. Who knew just that much could help? Yay!

She is still sleeping in the bassinet in our room, but hopefully this weekend, we can get her moved up to her room and get that routine started before I go back to work!

Enjoying her first T-ball game for her cousins Colby and Jacob!

During the days, Virginia enjoys sitting in her bouncy chair while I cook dinner or clean up the kitchen. Then she gets on a blanket in the den floor while I eat lunch or watch TV or pick up the house or she lays under her playmat and kicks around. Then later, she will prop up on my bed with pillows while I fold laundry. Now that it is getting warmer, we are going to start walking in the afternoons, and I absolutely can't wait!

Giving me a smile because she loves her new headband so much!

During the day, she is usually pretty good about letting me know what she needs. She cries when she is sleepy and I lay her down for her naps. But, watch out for after 5pm...she gets cranky and lately has been crying uncontrollably. I'm not sure if it is colic or what, but it has been pretty consistent the last few days. That's when I can't wait for Lee and Ella to get home and then he can hold her. Sometimes I think she just needs a new face to look at and talk to!

Taking a nap with Daddy after he was able to calm her down at night

She is still in size 1 diapers and is fitting very loosely in her 0-3 months clothes. Luckily, I have a ton of summer stuff in that size from Ella, so Virginia should be set for summer!

Take a look at this picture...it is of my mom at 2 months old. We all think it looks exactly like Virginia. So crazy how Ella didn't look like that, yet V looks like Ella. So fun to think about!


Here is the girls' new ride. I found a double stroller at a yard sale for $27.50. It is called a "Lil Limo". Awesome right?

And finally, the progression of Virginia since Week 1. Happy 2 months Virginia!

No comments: