Wednesday, April 27, 2011

To DYE for...

I'm not quite sure what I was thinking, but this year I thought it would be fun to dye easter eggs with Ella. I had everything ready...plastic and newspaper over the table, an apron on myself, and Ella stripped down to her diaper. Ella hates eggs, so I knew that she wouldn't try to eat the eggs themselves and for some reason, I thought she would leave the dye alone. Such a silly mommy. Such a silly, sleep-deprived, naive mommy. Here is a play-by-play of the action:


E had to have her own cups to "drink" out of, since that's what cups are for...not putting intensely colorful dye in them.


Stickers were cool for about a second, until she couldn't get them off of her fingers, then it was time to call for a "tissue" because her fingers were "stuck"...In her mind a tissue can solve anything. (messes, snot, boo-boo's, tears, and now stickers)!


"Where'd it go", she kept asking...


"Ahhh...there it is...blue, blue" (She doesn't quite have the concept of 'green' down yet). But you show her a blue, pink, yellow, or purple object and she will get it right, no problem)!


My fave...


After the meltdown of not being able to touch the cups of dye, since she wanted to drink the juice "cheeeez", she finally got into it and let Lee do all the work. After they were colored, she would play with them and talk about them. It was okay, because they couldn't break, only crack on the outside! It was a fun project and I know that we will definitely try again next year!

No comments: