My sweet Virginia is actually 8 weeks old, but I am just now getting around to posting about being 1 month old! My little girl still has a very sweet disposition and has become quite the piggy. She thinks that the world is ending when her bottle is done, but then promptly spits up, so I'm thinking she just needs to suck. We have increased her ounces of formula and now are decreasing again, since she seems to have lots of tummy troubles. It is always a guessing game, it seems, but we are starting to get it worked out!
At 1 month, she weighed about 9.5 pounds (according to my Wii Fit Plus) and just 2 weeks ago has graduated from newborn sizes to 0-3 month sizes. They were swallowing her short tiny body whole, but now she can't straighten her legs out in the newborn clothes, so time to move up! She is now wearing a size 1 diaper and absolutely loves to have her diaper changed. She just lies there and becomes very happy when her diaper is off. Hopefully this will change in the future...her teenage future!
When we gave her first bath, she was a little upset at first, but then once the warm water was poured over her, she just laid back and relaxed. I can see lots of massages and pampering in her future! She loves it!
Her first smile came at 5 weeks and it was beautiful. We call her nose her smile button, because once you touch that, the corners of her mouth turn up! This video was taken one morning after she woke up and I can't stop watching it!
Love these pictures...especially with V smiling so big at her daddy!
Her sleep habits seem to change every 2 days. She was getting up almost every 2 - 2 1/2 hours at night, but most of the time will go 3 hours. Just in the last few days, she has gone 4-5 hours between at least 1 feeding. Sometimes she is easy to lay back down after a feeding and sometimes she isn't. I am a very tired mama. I will admit it. But once we get up in the morning and she grins really big at me, I forget all about the night...that is, until I am about to drop around 11 am. Oh well...it is to be expected, right? We are working on a schedule/routine now and hopefully it will pay off by the time I go back to work!
These are my pockets...
And this is my hoodie...what?
Ella is still pretty happy with "Baby". We have all started calling Virginia "Baby" because that's what Ella says, but hopefully we can start calling her by her real name soon so it will catch on. I would hate for V to grow up with the name Baby, like in "Dirty Dancing". I always thought that was awful! Anyway, Ella loves to say hello to her and give her a kiss goodbye. Ella will reach out for her sometimes, but when we offer to put V in Ella's lap, she doesn't want to do it. So, still no good pictures of the two of them together. Oh well...what else would I expect from 2 under two?
Can you tell she was not too happy about this picture?
Ho hum...just watching some basketball with Daddy...
Happy 1 month Virginia Lee!






1 comment:
She is a doll! Those smiles are precious :)
Post a Comment